Hello From Virginia

vic485

Hello everyone, new owner of a 1986 Starion that I purchased last week. Bought from a guy in Texas who was unfortunately doing a bit more harm than good. Rattle can primer and overspray everywhere, cracked and broken interior parts, and probably hadn't been driven the entire time he owned it. Car wouldn't start and the clutch was to the floor when I bought it. Getting it back to Virginia, we got it started and bled the clutch to get some functionality back. Clutch was still a little iffy to me so still have to work on that.

Currently sorting through what came with the car and what parts I need to buy so I can hopefully get this back on the road soon, and get it cleaned up after. Engine still seems a little smoky out of the exhaust, but hopefully that clears up a bit.

13K9KqW.jpg

ora3vfS.jpg

owH1E42.jpg

Edited by vic485
Fix deleted image

Welcome,  good score. Car looks like a good   straight project. Nice shop by the way.

16 hours ago, TexasQuest said:

Welcome. Body over all looks pretty straight to start with. I've always liked silver paint on these cars.🥰

Body itself is definitely very clean and rust free from what I can tell. Just the paint got attacked by someone who didn't know how to paint. Said he was going to wrap it, but idk why that would involve laying down primer that is already starting to crack and peel from the spoilers. I've always had silver cars myself, so thinking I'll keep with it once it comes time to repaint.

10 hours ago, ssblast20 said:

I have to ask…did I pass you on the road going through Orange VA a couple days ago???

If it was on a long tailer, you might've seen it with the shipping company since they had a delivery in NC first. I'm up in northern VA myself, haven't driven it much but hoping to once I get new clutch cylinders and the hose. If this is Steve, I'll be by this weekend to get some interior parts and such we discussed (not in the Starion unfortunately).