• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

The Bump Fire stocks have already been approved by the BATFE tech dept. And that was not easy under Eric 'Fast & Furious' Holder.
Do they plan to change the definition of a machine gun to something other than 'One trigger pull, one shot fired'?
Or make these stocks an NFA item? Like posted above, $200.00 tax stamp, a pile of paperwork & a year or more wait?
And by the way, if you make ANY simple mistake on the forms ,you get rejected & wait forever trying to get your $200.00 back.
( I know!)
Run's with scizzor's

#22 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Rifles with Bump fire stocks and rifles built to operate in a full auto function are 2 completely different shooting experiences. A rifle made to fire at a full auto rate is much more controllable than a semiauto rifle and bump fire stock.

These types of bump stocks are just a legal loophole for people who want to enjoy the occasional mag dump. It isn’t anything that a person with their mind set on mass destruction would seriously consider. More legislation will not stop a nut from killing people if that is what the nut wants to do. What makes me say this?

Any old semi auto ak47 can be made to run full auto with a small piece of wire to tie back the 2nd sear in the trigger. It is very easy to do, yet highly illegal. But if a person is set on using it for killing a bunch of innocent people I bet they don’t care that it’s illegal to modify the weapon that way. So, why would they bother spending several hundred dollars buying and installing a bump stock that makes it harder to shoot, when a piece of wire or even the twist tie from a bag of bread will accomplish the same thing more efficiently? It doesn’t make sense...

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Chad

Chad

noob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts
  • Interests:Starquest Fanatic

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostBC_99, on 16 January 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

So, why would they bother spending several hundred dollars buying and installing a bump stock that makes it harder to shoot, when a piece of wire or even the twist tie from a bag of bread will accomplish the same thing more efficiently? It doesn’t make sense...

BC

We need more laws to make the bad guys follow the rules.  That's clearly the problem for the bad guys, not enough laws.

#24 Zoggy87

Zoggy87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 15 January 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Our military isnt superior, we just spend more on it than anyone else. China has a larger army than we do, Russia has a substantial military force. The main threat is the United Nations. Crazy as it sounds the UN is the ones who the feds would call in for martial law/forced gun confiscation. Our military follows orders but anyone I have known or met who is in the military swears to uphold the Constitution and it's values. The US military has been demoting or flat out discharging top officials/soldiers who have stood up and said they would not follow gun confiscation orders. We don't get invaded because it is hard for a foreign military force to adequately ascertain the true strength of the country and it's citizens.

When you start putting mandatory psych evaluations and such on gun purchases it becomes an extremely grey area where you could have doctors getting hidden kick backs for the numbers of denied applications, longer periods to purchase guns means less guns in the hands of people who would use it to hunt, protect their lives/property.

Criminals buy and sell drugs even though they are illegal, they break laws because they are criminals. It makes no difference if there are more laws to prohibit buying guns, if people want them they will get them. I smoke weed, that's illegal. Yet I still go get it anyways. I am no different than criminals who go get guns illegally. Sure me buying pot may be a less violent or harmful crime but it is still a crime nonetheless.

There are several studies/articles showing why the us is the most powerful force in the world. Numbers are not everything in an army. In regards to an earlier comment, the reason the us has not been invaded and most likely will never be is due the fact that currently it's impossible. We are mostly surrounded by water. All the other countries combined do not have the capacity to make A full invasion from water... Especially when you factor in our grossly overpowered Navy in comparison to the other nations. Add in our air Force and they can't come from air. The us is only defeatable through economics or through overextension in invading other nations.

#25 Zoggy87

Zoggy87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

And I mean successfully invade us*. There have been attempts in the past.

#26 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostChad, on 17 January 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

We need more laws to make the bad guys follow the rules.  That's clearly the problem for the bad guys, not enough laws.

Lol, yeah...that’ll work. While we’re at it... we should make other stuff lillegal too.... drugs, murder, rape, stealing, etc...

BC

#27 averse

averse

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostBC_99, on 16 January 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

These types of bump stocks are just a legal loophole for people who want to enjoy the occasional mag dump. It isn’t anything that a person with their mind set on mass destruction would seriously consider. More legislation will not stop a nut from killing people if that is what the nut wants to do.

BC

But isn't that exactly what Paddock considered and used?

Posted Image

#28 averse

averse

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostBC_99, on 18 January 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Lol, yeah...that’ll work. While we’re at it... we should make other stuff lillegal too.... drugs, murder, rape, stealing, etc...

BC

Sorry to point out another quote BC, I'm really not meaning it to be picking on you :)  I'd just urge that there is middle ground, because the saying that laws have no real effect (which is the gist of what that argument is, as I read it) is basically an argument that says laws have no real impact and therefore we should consider no laws at all.  Of course additional laws are not going to solve the problem, if it were that simple it would have been solved by now.  However, I would argue that they will help mitigate the problem some and are part of a more systemic plan that we need.  While doing this, however, it is also very important to make sure we address well-intentioned gun owners/enthusiasts' desires and still make them accessable for them in a way that works, as well.  I've fired A1s on full auto until the barrel glows red and it's really fun and I've spent my fair share of time on rifle ranges too.  I get it.

Posted Image

#29 croquest87

croquest87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

We have a right to bear arms but have no right to arm bears! lol

#30 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

View Postaverse, on 24 January 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Sorry to point out another quote BC, I'm really not meaning it to be picking on you :)  I'd just urge that there is middle ground, because the saying that laws have no real effect (which is the gist of what that argument is, as I read it) is basically an argument that says laws have no real impact and therefore we should consider no laws at all.  Of course additional laws are not going to solve the problem, if it were that simple it would have been solved by now.  However, I would argue that they will help mitigate the problem some and are part of a more systemic plan that we need.  While doing this, however, it is also very important to make sure we address well-intentioned gun owners/enthusiasts' desires and still make them accessable for them in a way that works, as well.  I've fired A1s on full auto until the barrel glows red and it's really fun and I've spent my fair share of time on rifle ranges too.  I get it.

Negative Ghostrider,

The point is that criminals donít have regard for the laws. Middle ground or otherwise. It is a waste of time, money, and legislation. Period.

As I stated before, it is literally a free mod to make any AK47 run full auto. Criminals arenít going to spend money or go through the hassle for a bump stock to do what they intend to do, less efficiently. Theyíll buy the cheapest AK they can and a piece of wire and they are set to do more damage than any rifle with bump stock.

BC

Edited by BC_99, 24 January 2018 - 11:31 PM.

#31 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

View Postaverse, on 24 January 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

But isn't that exactly what Paddock considered and used?

According to what reliable sources? I’m not 100% informed on that particular situation. To many conspiracy theories and wannabe experts trying to report on it to get realistic info or a true point of view. I do know that if he did use a bump stock, and I don’t believe he did, that he was better with one than anyone I’ve ever seen. It is soooooo much harder to keep a rifle on target with one, than with something that actually runs full auto. Now.... let’s say the gun grabbing nuts get their way.... well..... the next thing that is better than a bump stock is already available. I’m more inclined to think that the shooter may have been using a fostech echo2 trigger system.

But that is just my opinion based on my experiences.

BC

#32 averse

averse

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:12 AM

Jill Snyder, special agent for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), said 12 of the guns found in the gunman's hotel room were fitted with so-called "bump-stocks".

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users