Won tons of stuff from the 83 in wilkes-barre

Didn't get the mirrors, I have 2 sets already, and am not a fan of the 83 style. I did get a bunch of moldings, handles, oil cooler and some trim pieces, all looks good, we'll see. I was just up in Monroe 2 weeks ago picking up the wheels/tires from Nick...nice guy, you know him?

Nick with the Red '89 Starion? Yeah, I know him, I wanted those wheels but didn't have the money when I was there. He lives literally 1.5 miles up the street from me. I got a spare set of manifolds from him a month or so ago, real nice guy.

lol never mind i seen its in wilkes barre. Still not too bad a drive. Got a link? is the body any good? I want another flatty and an 83 would be cool. I had an 86 technica as my first one and never had another after, only widebodies which i of course like more but a 83 would be cool if its a color combo i like.

An ebay seller in wilkes barre PA dismantled a really clean/low mileage 83 and parted it out on ebay, all the auctions just closed.

edit: go here http://scranton.craigslist.org/pts/986018434.html

Edited by silverarrow89

Yes he is. I'll add you to the invite list for the meets we're looking to have in Sussex (or elsewhere) starting this Spring.

Put me on the list man, I'm down. I think we discussed this once before, I used to work in Franklin at a CNC machine shop.

Hey if you won the mudflaps off of that car, the seller has the other 2 for the other side also. He said they we not in as good shape as the others side was. He said he would send them to the winner at no extra cost if they ask for them.

I may be wrong and have been in the past, but it appears that this person either has alot of fans or was hyping up the prices of his parts with fake bids. I took a look at about half of his items that had more than 3 bids and checked the bid history. Almost all of them had a bidder in the middle that had bid on more than 20 items in the last 30 days and over 90% of their bids were on his items. In some cases, 100% of their bids were on his items in the last 30 days. I may be wrong, but something smelled fishy about how bids were going on his items. Ok sorry for the lecture, I just woke up 10 minutes ago.

who was the snake in the grass that sniped the cowl weather strip out of my hand <_< ... lol j/k, you wanted it more than me I guess.

I was huntin cowl weather strip :gun:

How can I ever think of making my abused 87 look as nice as your 89 if I can't snipe the cowl molding from you ;)

I may be wrong and have been in the past, but it appears that this person either has alot of fans or was hyping up the prices of his parts with fake bids. I took a look at about half of his items that had more than 3 bids and checked the bid history. Almost all of them had a bidder in the middle that had bid on more than 20 items in the last 30 days and over 90% of their bids were on his items. In some cases, 100% of their bids were on his items in the last 30 days. I may be wrong, but something smelled fishy about how bids were going on his items. Ok sorry for the lecture, I just woke up 10 minutes ago.

Well, I posted a thread in the "eBay Alerts" forum not too long ago, that could explain for all the bids on his Starion stuff.

lol never mind i seen its in wilkes barre. Still not too bad a drive. Got a link? is the body any good? I want another flatty and an 83 would be cool. I had an 86 technica as my first one and never had another after, only widebodies which i of course like more but a 83 would be cool if its a color combo i like.

I've got an '83 with under 24k original miles on it for sale. :sunglasses:

I'm the one that jacked up the price of those side window trims on you! I wanted those bad but stopped bidding at $200. I did bid on the other weatherstripping as well. Sorry for costing you more cash.

I won the solid pully, the window controls, the window washer reservoir, and the fan shroud. Got all of that for under $50!! Not a bad deal!

kev

I've got an '83 with under 24k original miles on it for sale. :sunglasses:

I always wanted to buy your car but just don't have the storage place to keep it. I'm ready to pull in my next project now, a 68 stang, and don't even have the room for it. I have to admit that I thought about selling away my blue car and buying yours. It would be so much cheaper in the long run and I'd have an all original car. But half the fun is building this thing up....and in the end saying that I did so.

kev

I always wanted to buy your car but just don't have the storage place to keep it. I'm ready to pull in my next project now, a 68 stang, and don't even have the room for it. I have to admit that I thought about selling away my blue car and buying yours. It would be so much cheaper in the long run and I'd have an all original car. But half the fun is building this thing up....and in the end saying that I did so.

kev

Well, I'm giving serious thought to parting her out kev.... so maybe I'll send you a piece to put on your blue car. ;)

I'm the one that jacked up the price of those side window trims on you! I wanted those bad but stopped bidding at $200. I did bid on the other weatherstripping as well. Sorry for costing you more cash.

I won the solid pully, the window controls, the window washer reservoir, and the fan shroud. Got all of that for under $50!! Not a bad deal!

kev

i was bidding on that fan shroud :angry: j/k man it looks nice ;)

kev

Uggh. My high was 250, but I never thought it would go to $200. Spent a good part of my "project money" for the month of January on those,...got keep things spread out and within budget. My current set are so bad, you'd be hard pressed to find a worse set I'm sure. Good news, with all the stuff i bought off the guy he's giving me an extra piece or two as well, so all's worth it. There were a few things I got for just a few dollars, that I thought would go for 4-5x higher, everything balanced out in the end. Good luck with your new stuff.

Hey i got your PM. Now seen this post of yours....Your not parting that car, that would be nuts. Bad enough that craigslist 83 is parted. 2 perfectly nice 83's. Nice color combos and if your was cheaper i would buy it. Range is out of my budget man. I remember your car and loved it but cant afford 7k. All my dough is wrapped up in 2 kids, turbo van and my fiji project, and making sure they are ok for when i got in for my surgery here on tuesday cus i cant do s*** for quite a while. Parting it out wont bring you 7k lol. So in that respect sell it cheaper then. Idk food for thought? Be kind of silly to lose so much on parting when you could drop the price some more and get it sold!! If you want to keep in touch with me in pm, do so maybe we can come up with a solid price and whatnot after all my crap is taken care of?