4g63 wideblock

Corey

I looked through projectzerog, and didnt find what i was looking for.

After some googling, i found out that 4g63's came wideblock, what cars are they in though? NA 4g63s? So like, 1g na talons?

IDK..someone help.

I looked through projectzerog, and didnt find what i was looking for.

After some googling, i found out that 4g63's came wideblock, what cars are they in though? NA 4g63s? So like, 1g na talons?

IDK..someone help.

wideblock would be rwd only and I believe automatic only

Mighty Max, D50, Ram50. 2.0L (engine code g63b) Automatic only. Measure lower bellhousing bolts to be sure, 13.25 inches center to center.

Thanks for asking an intelligent question after looking for the answer yourself. <--not sarcasm.

Kane

Mighty Max, D50, Ram50. 2.0L (engine code g63b) Automatic only. Measure lower bellhousing bolts to be sure, 13.25 inches center to center.

Thanks for asking an intelligent question after looking for the answer yourself. <--not sarcasm.

Kane

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/17/633625453551705068-ISee.jpg

Is it possible for me to use a starquest trans, as long as im using a wideblock 4g63? Im aware that the starquest trans go after about what, 400ft lbs? i wont be making quite that, so i think im good. ha.

Also, if i could use the starquest trans, what flywheel/clutch would be necessary?

Thanks mainstream:thumbsup:

One more question, are the g63b the same as a 4g63 then? I mean, i see there both 2.0 liters. Im assuming different engine code, means there is some difference? Do they have the same bulletproof bottom end?

Is it possible for me to use a starquest trans, as long as im using a wideblock 4g63? Im aware that the starquest trans go after about what, 400ft lbs? i wont be making quite that, so i think im good. ha.

Also, if i could use the starquest trans, what flywheel/clutch would be necessary?

Thanks mainstream:thumbsup:

http://www.projectzerog.com/transmissions.shtml

One more question, are the g63b the same as a 4g63 then? I mean, i see there both 2.0 liters. Im assuming different engine code, means there is some difference? Do they have the same bulletproof bottom end?

Difference G63B=SOHC RWD 4G63=DOHC FWD/AWD Rods, Crank, and Block (except the wide pattern) is the same. Get some stronger pistons and you'll be good to go.

All info assumes you have a 6 Bolt G63B, and as far as I know that's all we got. G64B was the only engine offered 90 up and they were all wideblock.

Edited by MainstreaM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

sorry for bumping an old thread, but im getting back into swap fever, and i was just searching through projectzerog, and according to this http://projectzerog.com/mitsubishi_engines.shtml , the starion g54b's are narrowblock...So im confused? I thought they were wide block, so only wide block 4g63's(g63b) and wide block 4g64's(g64b) would bolt up to starion transmissions.

Lemme know!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Wide blocks are RWD & the top 2 bolt holes in the back of the block measure 130mm centre to centre.

Narrow blocks are FWD /AWD & the top2 bolt holes in the back of the block measure 110 mm centre to centre

Edited by AUSSIEOLDIE

• 1 year later...