New product Thermal barrier intake gaskets!

Dodge2004srt4

Paypal address is Dodge2004srt4@hotmail.com

Pricing on these gaskets for the G54B are $55 plus $6 shipping to the US via Priority mail including delivery confirmation. Paypal users can send funds as a gift or add 3% for Paypal fees. Insurance is optional for $3. Production will begin for the G54B Monday May 21st 2012. All other gaskets listed are already available, the only new one that needs to be produced is the G54B. Delivery from the date the initial order is placed will be 6-8 weeks possibly sooner. The $55 pricing is for the first batch of 25 and if I can continue to order groups of 20 then the price will remain at $55. If I have to order them less than 20 at a time then the price will increase to $65 each. As of pre production I will only be ordering 1 set of 25 which could change if these sell out prior to completion or shortly after. Ill keep the thread updated of course.

On the G54B gaskets:

Any number of gaskets will still pay only $6 for shipping, insurance will increase depending on value after 4 gaskets so PM me for your insurance total. Orders of 5 or more gaskets will get a $5 discount per gasket. If you are interested in stocking these gaskets (10 or more gaskets ordered at a time) PM me for a special pricing rate.

Pricing list:

G54B $55

4G63 small and large port, including Evo $65

1JZGTE, 2JZGTE, 7MGTE $95

WRX, STI $65

SRT-4 (Neon) $65

Hemi 6.1 $125

Any other requests for other engine types please PM me for pricing and availability, I do not have any V8 gaskets available for any engine other than the Dodge 6,1L Hemi listed. There are no deals on any other gasket other than the G54B.

Ive had these before on my SRT-4 and using a IR gun I was able to lower the heat soak from the cylinder head to the intake manifold by an average of 40 degrees. I could keep my hand on the manifold without burning it, plus I never had to buy a new gasket when I took off the manifold.

This high temperature gasket, which replaces the stock intake manifold gasket has unique properties to reduce heat by stopping metal to metal contact between the intake manifold and the engine block. Using this, you will reduce the temperature of the air entering your engine, making up to 5% more power. Once installed the manifold is no longer heated by the cylinder head, the heat from incoming air can dissipate through the aluminum very rapidly. The basic formula for this is for every 5 degrees F increase in intake air temp, air density is reduced by 1%. The denser the air is, the better the gain in horsepower. Testing shows an average reduction in surface intake manifold temperatures of about 25 degrees and up to 35 degrees or more depending on application. The gasket pictured is for an SRT-4 2.4L turbo engine, and is 1/8" thick. All gaskets are exactly like OEM and are guaranteed to fit and function just like the original. The thickness of all gaskets is 1/8". These are 100% re-usable and can be stacked up for even more reduction in heat transfer. I never had a single problem when running 2 at a time. I am not saying that you have to stack these up, I am merely explaining my experience using a similar gasket that was half as thick. I had stacked them and ran into no problems doing so, if you want to get the temps as low as possible for a very high boost or heat sensitive, you can if you want.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w75/dodge2004srt4/Examplegasket.gif

Pictured: 2003-2005 Dodge SRT-4 (Neon)

Paypal address is Dodge2004srt4@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone!

Chris.

Tentative purchase list:

(Screen name, order quantity and engine)

1. Kidjc (2) G54B

Orders paid for

1. D_Venable (1) G54B

2. Skippy (1) G54B

3. neverfastenuff87tsi (5) G54B

4. Prototype78 (1) G54B

5. Charles Gardner (2) G54B

6. Dodge2004srt4 (2) G54B

7. Lionking

Edited by Dodge2004srt4

You could always put it on later, just drain some coolant out, remove the bolts and slip it on.

Might not be that long of a wait, Im moving rather quickly on this. I organized this on Friday after thinking about this Thursday late night, got a reply Friday and was asked for the info requested from the manufacturer. The only thing I am waiting on is the price and due to the weekend they are not open to get back to me. I emailed them a design and photos so I could get a price which I should have tomorrow as long as they received it, once I know the price they will get an OEM intake manifold gasket hand delivered to them so they can make the program and get the tooling setup. Once I give them the go ahead they should have them done quickly, the only thing as I mentioned that could hold this up is the huge cost I have to give them up front or upon delivery. Ill know more as the business week progresses and will keep this thread up to date.

Chris.

• Like 1

i can almost guarantee you you wont get people to pay up front on these forums for a new product lol

Well anyone else would require payment for a product before its shipped in a group buy, and this will work just like any group buy. Once I have enough orders to cover the minimum payment will be made, and it will ship out. Im going to start with a list and once I see enough interest Ill go from there. Once I start taking payment Ill know at that time how long it will be before the customer will receive it, and those persons will be well aware of the short time frame as well. I will not take payment if the delay between payment and delivery will be more than a week or two max. Maybe I didnt word it quite right but this isnt something that may happen or could be done. This also isnt something that Im building myself and need time or tooling to complete. Its going to happen with enough interest, or its not worth making to begin with. I could always not make them, but I would like one for my own car and I figured since it is a great part and actually works that I would make them for anyone else that wants one as well. Im not greedy or selfish so everyone deserves to have one available, not just me. I know where you are coming from in your statement, but Im on here to stay, contribute best as I can, and be around for anyone to count on. I have delivered as promised on everything I have sold, including the group buy on the OEM Mitsubishi key blanks. Not one complaint and everything has arrived when promised with little delay minus severe weather (snow).

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by Dodge2004srt4

450 x 1.05 = 472.5

Can you provide some evidence that it will give me a 5% boost in HP?

No, I absolutely cannot give you any evidence that YOU will get a 5% increase in power. These have been around for years and the concept is proven, lower your intake charge temperature and you WILL gain power. There is nothing however that I have said that anyone that uses these will gain without a doubt a 5% power increase. There is plenty of research that proves that some cars with their setups and at the elevation and temps in that part of the world gained a 5% increase in power. There are entirely too many variables to predict what any given car could get, plus the simple fact that not one Conquest has one of these on it, since they are being made for the first time ever.

Im not here to do the research or to prove these work, Im telling you I have had personal experience using these on other large 4 cylinder engines running high boost and suffer from heat soak due to thermal transfer and that they lower the temperature of the manifold. Thus decreasing the transfer of heat from the aluminum to the air forced through the manifold. Search google for these and you should pull up quite alot of info.

Im merely allowing other members on this forum to take advantage of a proven concept using high quality professionally built parts that were never available mass produced for this engine. Im having them built for my own use and like I stated I figured I would give everyone here the chance to buy one to take advantage. Ive been building cars for the last 13 years, I work at a tire shop and auto repair facility as a manager and have 10 years of parts and repair experience. Im no automotive engineer or anything like that but I have self tuned cars that have broken many simple records in the past and had a 3100 pound FWD car running a small TD05-15g turbo into the low 11's@125 MPH with no mods to the turbo. I think I built it well and the proof is in the power it created. 422WHP and 440WTQ. My quest cant even come close to that and its a bigger engine running a bigger turbo.

Not sure about you but Ill take my experience and the facts I know and have read and stick with that, but Im sorry I have no equipment, software, or an actual part yet to make any scientific assertions that I could get up to 5% or a definitive gain with a gasket at this point. Every piece of info I put in the original post was picked from the internet off of research and info gathered about these gaskets, I did not make these up, and have no reason to. Im not the one profiting off these, that would be all the companies that have been making them if any. So many are made for so many applications and by so many companies that I cant imagine if they didnt work why alot of people use them for high power track cars.

Sorry for the long post but I didnt figure a simple "no" was a very good response. If I come across some other data for you meanwhile, I will PM you. If there are any other questions please PM me and keep this related as I know the concepts behind this and the quality of the materials to do the task intended but I do not have any numbers or data here that I have personally done, other than taking heat readings using an infrared gun.

Thanks,

Chris.

I will once I have one, but that will be atleast a month out for me. I have to get all the parts back from the machine shop and then put them in. That will take me some time. I have a temp gun and love to use it, so that will happen but not in time for anyone to see data on this engine in particular. Thats why I posted about my last build because thats the data I captured, just not the same setup or engine/vehicle.

Thanks,

Chris.

Oh and as far as the price, I have seen them for $50 for some cars and up to $95 for others. Im guessing it has to do with how large the gasket is for material cost and the amount they produce and get sold. Im not entirely sure but I will know very soon. I used to pay about $40 for mine years ago but I had to buy 2 cause they were too thin to really make a difference. Im going to ask that these get made about twice the thickness of the OEM gasket if they give me the option but they may come one thickness for all of them. Either way as far as the price goes they are well worth it in the end. Im not worried about the price cause I will be paying the same as everyone else, hopefully if I go through with the up front costs I dont get stuck with most of them, then my gasket will be many times more expensive and that would not be good for me.

Chris.

What kind of material are these made out of exactly? After googling them a bit I'm still a bit cloudy on how exactly it stops the transfer of heat from the cylinder head. I'm guessing its something like a heat resistant plastic?! Idk, which is why I am asking lol

Allen

I think its a high temp Nylon or plastic. Its job is to reduce the massive heat transfer that a normal gasket allows, you will still get some transfer because you still have metal studs/bolts holding it on the manifold but the reduction is what will be important. Even 20 degrees is alot when it comes to intake temps. You are reducing the surface area for the transfer by about 90% I estimate. Think of that as a couple of matches heating up a frying pan vs the electric or gas burner having full contact with the pan. The concept is similar.

I am curious how much this would actually lower intake air temps? I mean even if you lower the intake metal temperature by 40 degrees. Would this be a 5 degree difference in Intake air temp? When air is rushing by hot metal it won't exactly heat the air up a LOT. But I am really curious of the gains.

The whole idea of intercoolers is to have a metal radiator at ambient temperature to lower the temps of the air moving through them and usually they do just that, taking 200+ degree air from the turbo and cooling it down over 100 degrees or more. They make CO2 fed systems to cool fuel lines, small inserts for your air intake, and intercooler sprayers for just that purpose. It lowers the metal that the air/fuel runs through to drastically lower its temperature. This is on a more simple and less drastic scale and doesnt need a liquid to aid in cooling but wont lower temps by 100 degrees either. They do a good job, or I wouldnt go through the trouble in having one made. I figured I have the engine apart and it will only help so I can increase the timing, or raise the boost, and in the end I wont have to buy another intake gasket ever again.

Anyone that wants one, PM me or post. Lets try to not have a 15 page thread discussing it all. I would like to keep it simple and easy for everyone to read, personally I hate having to read all the pages just to make sure I didnt miss something like price, availability, or if its still being sold, LOL!

I also did not get a return email today regarding pricing, I do know alot of shops that work limited hours on Saturdays and as a result are closed on Mondays. Im hoping that was the case but as soon as I know the details I will post them for all to see.

Thanks all,

Chris.

Update:

I have heard back from the manufacturer and they are still working out a price for me. I guess its a bit tricky to figure out since they dont have a gasket present and Im sure they are busy doing the things they do everyday. I just wanted to keep this updated as I get emails back from them so everyone knows I havent given up on the idea. Since I dont have my own business though it looks like according to them I will have to pay retail pricing on anything I purchase but I hope they wont be toward the upper range. Im going to see what I can do, possibly have more than 3 of these pre-sold so I can assure them that the 25 I have to buy are ready to go.

Feel free guys and gals to PM me if you are interested regardless of price, you can always change your mind once I have the actual confirmed pricing but if Skippy, my friend, and myself are the only 3, I wont be shelling out a months pay for a pile of gaskets for cars I dont own. SPEAK UP!!! ;)