Parts reviews section

dmyers151

yeah that would be nice. other than the big names on here---DaD, *DM, 101, Chad, and good old TEP. their isnt much about others.

Here, Star-Orion.......Great to deal with. Fitment always great. I guess you could go to the feedback forum. but NOT many people use it. i know if i buy something and it all worked out great or it went south. i put it in the fed back forum.

But as for aftermarket stuff. their is much.......here's one for ya. I have a begi RRFPR. i had no idea how to use it or hook it up. TEP sold it as part of the Stage 3 kit. well it got to the point of me taken it off and almost selling it. But after 10K google searches i fond out how to use it from a miata site

yeah that would be nice. other than the big names on here---DaD, *DM, 101, Chad, and good old TEP. their isnt much about others.

Here, Star-Orion.......Great to deal with. Fitment always great. I guess you could go to the feedback forum. but NOT many people use it. i know if i buy something and it all worked out great or it went south. i put it in the fed back forum.

But as for aftermarket stuff. their is much.......here's one for ya. I have a begi RRFPR. i had no idea how to use it or hook it up. TEP sold it as part of the Stage 3 kit. well it got to the point of me taken it off and almost selling it. But after 10K google searches i fond out how to use it from a miata site

Yeah, I get what your saying.

But for example, your TEP turbo-to-intercooler pipe. It fits like crap and rubs the hood. It's easy to install, but overpriced for what it is/does. It increases performance _______. It comes powder coated which is a plus.

Something like that is what I'd ultimately like to see. For things like widebands, fuel pumps, pressure regulators, boost controllers, BOV's, clutches... Anything and everything you can purchase and install on our cars. Just a general discussion about something you've bought for your car, how well it works, what it comes with, what it cost, where you got it. . . stuff like that.

I feel like this would be a great addition to our site, as it would deter 'newbs' and the less mechanically informed from buying parts that suck, in so many words.

Edited by dmyers151

All that being said (thanks for the kind words BTW), someone could always start a thread with objective reviews and perhaps it would become a sticky. I know there are a couple of people that I have used in the past for "prototyping" and they usually post something in the related thread.

JR

• 1 month later...

we already have a forum dedicated to this exact topic...

Engine and Performance Mods

"What you did or added to your engine. How it was done or How much it costs. NOT A Q/A FORUM"

now if only people could READ and not post questions in it, it could be used as a good source of information for aftermarket parts. maybe people arent understanding that "Q/A" stands for question/answer.

we already have a forum dedicated to this exact topic...

Engine and Performance Mods

"What you did or added to your engine. How it was done or How much it costs. NOT A Q/A FORUM"

now if only people could READ and not post questions in it, it could be used as a good source of information for aftermarket parts. maybe people arent understanding that "Q/A" stands for question/answer.

Thank you ;)

• 6 months later...

^^^ That, plus the feedback forum should provide some insight about sellers.

I think the original poster meant a comparison of this/that brand of replacement part. Usually though, a search for threads about that specific application (ie - clutch, gasket, turbo, etc) usually turns up the response on the options around for that part.

• 4 weeks later...

i think this would be a great addition. although "engine and perf mods" is obviously what was created to fill this need, i think its one of those things that people are set in their ways and dont have the capacity to change their habit. specificly, possting ?'s in the "perf mods" forum, and posting ?'s about products they want to buy in the BS forum (im guilty of this one). perhaps slightly changing the title of the perf mods forum to more clearly include ALL after market products, or just a new one all together.

having a clear list of what to include would help keep it under control: part number (if included) brand, instructions included?, miles driven, ease of installation, problems encountered ect.

it would be awesome if you could have one thread per product and keep adding reviews to it. maybe get crazy and add a poll "do you recommend this part"