Drive Shaft and Torque tube removal!!!

flatty86

Hey guys.

I'm having a hard time removing my driveshaft. Do I have to remove the Torque tube in order to remove the driveshaft? or is there another way to remove the driveshafe with out doing that?

Please help!!! I'm in the middle of workig on it right now.

4 bolts w/nuts near the rear of the vehicle. You must turn it to get to the other bolts so make sure the rear wheels are up and the tranny in neutral. After those 4 bolts are out you can let that end of the driveshaft fall down and then you slide the other end out of the tranny.

oh man... so I took the car out for a test drive today and new issue since installing the driveshaft... When I down shift the car violently vibrates... The car even got stuck where it wouldn't come out of gear no matter how hard I tried to force it out....I was stranded for an hour or so,,,, Is there a possibility I got the wrong driveshaft? I mean this drive shaft was off of a 87 tsi and mines a flatty.... there is a small difference between the two... my flatty have a grove in the shaft whereas the TSI does not,,, Could this be my issue? Please help.