bha280

runs with scissors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, junk, and things
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:17 AM

I am swapping pretty much everything from a fatty to a flatty and noticed on the fatty, in the rear, above where the fuel pump inspection panel is, there is a speed sensor module, but on the flatty, there isn't. My question is, is that module necessary for the fatty to run correctly? Does the ECU need that input or would I be ok to run without it?

Also, the ETACS plugs are different between the two, and I only have the 88 module. I am swapping the wire harnesses for the engine bay, should I just swap that too? Is there much difference in the way the two years operate that will cause an issue (my main concern being the auto belt function in the fatty)?

Thanks
1988 Starion 5-speed- AMC head, Schnieder HD springs and 292 cam, Wiseco's, Pauter Rods, adjustable cam gear, ported Evo III 16G, 3" turbo back, lightened/balanced flywheel, polished/balanced crank, SS braided oil and coolant lines for turbo, full hard pipes w/ TurboXS BOV and MBC, Trilogy injectors, MSD blaster 2 coil, 8.5mm wires, stress relieved and ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, LSP 52mm TB, ARP everything, EGR, A/C, and cruise removed, silicon vacuum lines, STB's front and rear, ABS delete, 3" GM MAF-T Gen II, D/S rotors, SS brake lines, Innovate wideband, adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, AutoMeter boost gauge, GM alternator, SS clutch line, meshies, factory hatch spoiler, mud flaps, Mookeh rear struts and adjustable front inserts, Cosmo dual-spring Coilovers, Mookeh pillow ball camber plates F/R, rebuilt trans, short throw, MSD 6a, poly bushings.

Soon to be in a flatty!

#2 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

The speed sensor module you reference is the ABS module?  In the middle of the car towards the seats?  You won't need that.

I'd have to look at the wiring diagram but I believe most of the ETACS functions are in the interior harness.  It would be best to go to http://www.starquestgarage.com and trace all the ETACS wiring to see where it lies.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#3 bha280

bha280

runs with scissors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, junk, and things

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

View Postscott87star, on 08 June 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

The speed sensor module you reference is the ABS module?  In the middle of the car towards the seats?  You won't need that.

Not that one, it's more to the rear on the drivers side. I'll try and get a pic of it between jobs today.
1988 Starion 5-speed- AMC head, Schnieder HD springs and 292 cam, Wiseco's, Pauter Rods, adjustable cam gear, ported Evo III 16G, 3" turbo back, lightened/balanced flywheel, polished/balanced crank, SS braided oil and coolant lines for turbo, full hard pipes w/ TurboXS BOV and MBC, Trilogy injectors, MSD blaster 2 coil, 8.5mm wires, stress relieved and ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, LSP 52mm TB, ARP everything, EGR, A/C, and cruise removed, silicon vacuum lines, STB's front and rear, ABS delete, 3" GM MAF-T Gen II, D/S rotors, SS brake lines, Innovate wideband, adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, AutoMeter boost gauge, GM alternator, SS clutch line, meshies, factory hatch spoiler, mud flaps, Mookeh rear struts and adjustable front inserts, Cosmo dual-spring Coilovers, Mookeh pillow ball camber plates F/R, rebuilt trans, short throw, MSD 6a, poly bushings.

Soon to be in a flatty!

#4 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

Spare tire compartment...
Center is g sensor works with abs.
Right rear is abs module
Left rear is antenna relay

Change over the engine wire harness so you'll have the correct injector wiring. Remember 86 both injectors fire together 87 and up (intercooler) has a primary and secondary injectors
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users