48 replies to this topic

#41 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys, I have the online service manual and also the paper copy, does anyone know where they show you how to remove the harness? I want to know how much of the front dash I have to remove since I don't have alot of space and I'm paranoid of breaking interior trims :D Thanks kev and importwarrior, I do see that the starter wire is connected to the passenger harness.

#42 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image
can someone show me how to get to that bolt please. Do I have to remove that bolt in the question mark?
EDIT: never mind i removed the bolt in question and it worked :), the engine mount on this side fit perfectly.

Edited by clueless, 20 June 2018 - 12:13 AM.

#43 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image
is it normal for the mount from vettekiller to need modification? this is the longer mount, on the exhaust manifold side. can someone confirm. Maybe because my engine is an NA? and its from an aristo.
EDIT: i think i put the mount on the wrong side...should be on the intake? will double check today.

Edited by clueless, 20 June 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#44 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image
having a very hard time getting the oil pan to clear the front sway bar, the front of my engine is hitting against the firewall. most of the thread Ive seen never had this problem. thinking of just removing the sway bar for now so i can at least figure out how to adjust the engine mount holes on the exhaust side, i dont want to just drill the holes bigger and it ends up not fitting into my engine bay holes. Any suggestion on clearing the oil pan? starting to wonder if i bought the wrong 2jz engine :blink:

#45 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image
yay the mount fits, had it on the wrong side. for anyone wondering, the longer mount goes on the side with the oil filter. needed to grind abit of the bar off. you can see that i grind abit too much off.
question: does anyone know what that is? it goes up into a banjo bolt up top. nothing was connected to it.

#46 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
strip two of these bolts... took forever to remove. Some nice members inform me that I need a set of JIS screw driver.. thanks!

finally got the engine in, clearance was super tight near the brake booster and the auto transmission dipstick.
next: see if the stabilizing bar can be fit back in without modifcation (oil pan might be in the way), make up transmission mount and will go from there. will have to take the engine back out to paint the mount. should have not cheap out three years ago and let vettekiller powder coated it...

does anyone know if we can make the original auto shifter work with the 2jz auto? would I just need to adapt the shifter mechanically to move the "shifting stick on the 2jz trans" does the 2jz ecu need something to let it know what gear "P R N D" its in? or should I just get a shifter console that the 2jz auto came from and fit it to the car instead. would love to keep the inside of the car as stock as possible tho, that would be awesome.

Edited by clueless, 01 July 2018 - 12:40 AM.

#47 T-Harps

T-Harps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Glad to see you're making progress on this! Once you're done we can have the inaugural Alberta Starquest meet.

#48 clueless

clueless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

ooo Calgary...wide body?! niceee itll be awhile before i finish this, hopefully summer next year :)

Posted Image
massive mk3 radiator??? got it for $80, hope it fitss
28.5" by 18.5" and 2.25" thick!

#49 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, and Brewing Belgian Ale.

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Looks like it would fit, keeping things cool!
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners
1998 BMW 528i 5 Speed because the Suburban gets 10 MPG

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users