• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

So where is people finding the fiberglass cowl hoods these days?
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#2 joshtrup

joshtrup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

I recently got lucky and found one in San diego, was an 83 fiberglass replica, gotta fix it up a bit cuz the vents were cut out but not finished. That will go on my car hopefully this summer. not for sale, just saying, there are some still around. GL
Rory Trup's Son

1) 1987 Chrysler Conquest Red (Runs)   2) 1987 Chrysler Conquest White (Runs)   3)1969 Ford Mustang 302ci Black Jade (Runs)

1)  Posted Image 2)  Posted Image    3)  Posted Image

#3 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:39 PM

View Postjoshtrup, on 06 May 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I recently got lucky and found one in San diego, was an 83 fiberglass replica, gotta fix it up a bit cuz the vents were cut out but not finished. That will go on my car hopefully this summer. not for sale, just saying, there are some still around. GL

He asked about cowl hoods.  Not 83 hoods

Someone made a small batch/group buy a long time ago but no one offers cowl hoods now...You would just have to find someone selling a used one or someone who fabricated their own.

I was lucky to find a cowl hood.  I bought an 87 MPI car with the cowl hood.  Kept the hood, and sold the car....That was my whole intention.

#4 joshtrup

joshtrup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

oh i forgot about those hoods. My bad I misunderstood, thought he was referring to the fiberglass 83 hoods. Those cowl hoods are dope too.
Rory Trup's Son

1) 1987 Chrysler Conquest Red (Runs)   2) 1987 Chrysler Conquest White (Runs)   3)1969 Ford Mustang 302ci Black Jade (Runs)

1)  Posted Image 2)  Posted Image    3)  Posted Image

#5 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

I've been checking faithfully on here and Facebook hoping one will pop up,but nothing yet. Fingers crossed !
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#6 TSI_SVT

TSI_SVT

Resident of Earth Since 1971

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:23 PM

View PostPreludedude, on 06 May 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

He asked about cowl hoods.  Not 83 hoods

Someone made a small batch/group buy a long time ago but no one offers cowl hoods now...You would just have to find someone selling a used one or someone who fabricated their own.

I was lucky to find a cowl hood.  I bought an 87 MPI car with the cowl hood.  Kept the hood, and sold the car....That was my whole intention.
I did the same. Mine isn't perfect but won't be parting with it.
Posted Image

#7 freebird

freebird

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Interests:time is of no moment, but only what your doing

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

I would like to say. I got mine from group purchase years ago from.... Gary members name here back then 14 years ago I think.
From what I know burton has the molds.
I would love to buy another as most seem to also
So you Fakebook guys might be able to help out and find the mold or burton?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 creakyjoints

creakyjoints

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:24 AM

Burton said mold was destroyed. Same with cowl hood mold. Factory hood is far better fitting than either. I own both and had a factory 83.
the dude in the honda said, i thought you said your car was slow, my response was.. well you said yours was fast so i guess we both lied.. haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users