• 9,626 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostFunky Phil, on 26 October 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

F Houston

View PostFunky Phil, on 26 October 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

1 vote for OKC

View PostPreludedude, on 27 October 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

I vote for the closest location to SC... :)

I just cant imagine driving 1000 miles in my Conquest to Texas....

Lol, I like OKC too...nice clean town.  Problem is it's harder to set up meets from afar.  We're not networked up there, whereas I'm very networked down here.  It looks like it's coming down to two options: Kemah like we did in 2014, or Sugar Land.  I'll put a list of pro/cons for each together based upon what I learned is a general criteria for these things, and you guys can vote on it.  Give me a few days to put it together.

Cheers,
Nick

#22 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostIntercooledFlatty, on 27 October 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

1.NikoFab
2. 4cylFury
3. DSMracespeed
4. Intercooledflatty

Updated sir!   :D

#23 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostPreludedude, on 27 October 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

I vote for the closest location to SC... :)

I just cant imagine driving 1000 miles in my Conquest to Texas....

Understood...but back in 2014 we had guys from Washington, California, Arizona, Michigan, Kansas, Minnesota, Louisiana...I know I'm forgetting some.

#24 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

View Post4cylFury, on 27 October 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

We can vote on locations. So please put your vote in. Once we have the location we can get the ball rolling on hotels discounts and attractions in that City for the whole family

What Joe said.  I'll try and have a pro/con list posted for voting over the weekend.

#25 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts
  • Interests:2 streaks of fire for 60ft when I leave.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:44 PM

How about New Orleans? Isnt there a drag strip and roadcourse there? I know a few that might entice......

Also scoots things over towards the east coast fellas. And whats is the network stuff? Everyone has a phone. How hard is it to book rooms and tell them you need a chunk of parkinglot? You did a great job in Kemah Niko. Not trying to knock you. I have set up a meet over the phone as well. Its really not that hard. Whats hard is putting together a bunch of doodads that most people dont care to have.

As cool as the raffles are, few people go to a meet for them. The go to hang out and check out some new places.
That means, somewhere to hang out and BS, (Parkinglot....check) and be able to go check out some cool stuff. (Transportation.....well its a car meet.....check)

No one wants an itinerary. People have jobs/lives. So to drive 14hrs to somewhere only to be able to see the hotel because there is a ton of SCHEDULED crap is ridiculous. Ask everyone's significant other. In Kemah last year, we had to wait until the meet was over to cruise to the coast because there was all this "scheduled" activities.

Sorry, thats my opinion as well as a lot of other peoples but they are too cautious of feelings to say anything.

Goodluck with your meet, Im sure it will be great.

Edited by Funky Phil, 27 October 2016 - 01:55 PM.

10.95@122mph MoFuggin stickshift! https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U

Posted Image

#26 IntercooledFlatty

IntercooledFlatty

Get Sum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

I'm with Phil for New Orleans, obviously :lol:  i have asked before if anyone would but interested and posted stuff up but didn't get the response so i never perused it.
1/4 mile track ?  check
http://www.noproblem...Track_Info.html
road course ? check
http://www.circuitgr...Track_Info.html ( same location as the drag strip, different name ) last time i looked into it, it was $1650 for 5 hours of open track time, ambulance and workers included. that was 6 years ago ? :unsure:  we obviously have tons of hotels ( one on Lake Pontchartrain with a killer view and 3rd floor parking lot we could us for " us " , normally used for m-f workers vacant on sat & sun ) and restaurants, zoo packages http://audubonnature...ute.org/tickets, French Quarter, etc.
this would be a great place to spend several days to see and enjoy the area.
once again Niko, i'm just trying to help ;)
Posted Image Posted Image

FLATNESS RULEZ

#27 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts
  • Interests:2 streaks of fire for 60ft when I leave.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

Harry, your a very unhairy A hole!
10.95@122mph MoFuggin stickshift! https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U

Posted Image

#28 Crazy larry

Crazy larry

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Cool Cars
  • Model:Other

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

40 hours   (i'm out)
87 Atlantic blue v-8   89 Fiji blue unmolested stock low mileage.  Daily driver 87 Black. 88 white Drift car..SOLD

#29 jmactenn

jmactenn

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

I vote for New Orleans also. Seen Kemah and Sugar Land Way too much. Let's go somewhere new. Only a year to get the car done!!!!!
Add me in Nick.

Edited by jmactenn, 27 October 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#30 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostFunky Phil, on 27 October 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

How about New Orleans? Isnt there a drag strip and roadcourse there? I know a few that might entice......

Also scoots things over towards the east coast fellas. And whats is the network stuff? Everyone has a phone. How hard is it to book rooms and tell them you need a chunk of parkinglot? You did a great job in Kemah Niko. Not trying to knock you. I have set up a meet over the phone as well. Its really not that hard. Whats hard is putting together a bunch of doodads that most people dont care to have.

As cool as the raffles are, few people go to a meet for them. The go to hang out and check out some new places.
That means, somewhere to hang out and BS, (Parkinglot....check) and be able to go check out some cool stuff. (Transportation.....well its a car meet.....check)

No one wants an itinerary. People have jobs/lives. So to drive 14hrs to somewhere only to be able to see the hotel because there is a ton of SCHEDULED crap is ridiculous. Ask everyone's significant other. In Kemah last year, we had to wait until the meet was over to cruise to the coast because there was all this "scheduled" activities.

Sorry, thats my opinion as well as a lot of other peoples but they are too cautious of feelings to say anything.

Goodluck with your meet, Im sure it will be great.

View PostIntercooledFlatty, on 27 October 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm with Phil for New Orleans, obviously :lol:  i have asked before if anyone would but interested and posted stuff up but didn't get the response so i never perused it.
1/4 mile track ?  check
http://www.noproblem...Track_Info.html
road course ? check
http://www.circuitgr...Track_Info.html ( same location as the drag strip, different name ) last time i looked into it, it was $1650 for 5 hours of open track time, ambulance and workers included. that was 6 years ago ? :unsure:  we obviously have tons of hotels ( one on Lake Pontchartrain with a killer view and 3rd floor parking lot we could us for " us " , normally used for m-f workers vacant on sat & sun ) and restaurants, zoo packages http://audubonnature...ute.org/tickets, French Quarter, etc.
this would be a great place to spend several days to see and enjoy the area.
once again Niko, i'm just trying to help ;)

As an SQ guy, I have no problem with any of the suggested locations.  I think they all offer good stuff.  That said, I also firmly believe that the coordinator needs to be somewhat local to the event...that's how I work at least.  If everybody is up for a New Orleans meet...go for it...I'd love a good excuse to go to the Big Easy.  I'll for sure attend it...I'll even help with donating etc.,..but I'm not going to coordinate it.  If it's so easy to put it together, then we should have several people in the membership who can do so.  Maybe Harry and Paul can run point on a New Orleans meet?

Networked means I know the people at Lonestar Motorsports and Hennessey Motorsports and can get us a discount on racing at their track.  Networked means I already have a restaurant sponsor to hook us up when the group eats there.  That being said, being networked is not necessary, but it sure is nice.

Regarding itinerary, I constructed TSQ 2014 based upon everyone's feedback about previous meets.  Too structured.  Not structured enough.  Good location.  Bad location.  Too expensive.  Too far.  Not exciting enough.  Trust me I heard it all...so I tried to find the middle ground.  I'm doing the same here as best I can, but I'll never be able to please everybody in every criteria...nobody could.  At the end of it all, nobody HAD to attend the structured events...they were there for those who were interested.  

Funky, I'm with you.  I'm not a big raffle guy...I like the track and chillin in the parking lot all day personally.  Not only that but it was a pain in the tail...stocking all that stuff in my dining room for six months, coordinating with SQ and mainstream vendors, and trying to make sure there were enough items that everyone got to take something home.  When I was taking suggestions for TSQ 2014, everybody said you gotta have a raffle...so I did.  If I'm mis-informed than it is what it is...I was just trying to put something together that the masses liked...so that the 14 hour drive had some value to it.

I guess my only question is, why has this never been brought up, suggested, posted, and tried before?  Maybe it has and I missed the post...I don't know.

At the end of the day, I'm up for whatever the majority wants.  All I personally want is to hang out with some other SQers...if that means that I don't run point on the event...totally cool with that.

Cheers,
Nick

Edited by NikoFab, 27 October 2016 - 10:42 PM.

#31 4cylFury

4cylFury

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Praising God, My son, and racing

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

Niko, personally I think you did an excellent job with  the last meet we had in Houston and my family enjoyed the boardwalk the drag racing and hanging out that's why I called you to help do another one so if others want to go somewhere else I'm sure there's enough guys there that can handle it less of a headache for you.
Posted Image
87 Quest, Gato MPI, Gato Header, 6766Turbo, 2200cc injectors, E85, FAST ECU, 422 gears, Stock Non Jet Valve Head with no work done to it, Custom Cam, 3" hard pipes, Custum Powerglade tranny and much more.
Fury track time = 5.9 in the 1/8 mile
                  9.5 in the 1/4 mile

#32 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,353 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Oh man I've got to go this time. I didn't go to the last Houston meet and sill regretting it.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#33 DSMracespeed

DSMracespeed

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:STARQUEST...CARS,CARS,CARS

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:33 PM

I'm just glad that there are people who will take the time and effort to put these meets together...i sure wouldn't want the task of putting a big meet together.The coordinator should be the one to choose the location...i'll go as long as i have the time and funds,besides there are plenty of other meets around the country that will be close enough for other members to attend.
I like to travel and see new places also,so i didn't mind driving to the Branson meet.
Even if only Texas members showed up,we should easily have at least 10 cars.

Jerry L.
Great job on the last TSQ meet Nick!!!
'87 Starion
'88 Conquest TSI...4G63 swap
'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo...Restoring
'08 Evo X MR
'03 Evolution VIII
'03 350z
'95 Eclipse GSX
'00 Celica GTS
'02 Protege5
'88 CRX Si
'04 RX-8

#34 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

View PostTexasQuest, on 27 October 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Oh man I've got to go this time. I didn't go to the last Houston meet and sill regretting it.

You bet your tail!

#35 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostDSMracespeed, on 27 October 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm just glad that there are people who will take the time and effort to put these meets together...i sure wouldn't want the task of putting a big meet together.The coordinator should be the one to choose the location...i'll go as long as i have the time and funds,besides there are plenty of other meets around the country that will be close enough for other members to attend.
I like to travel and see new places also,so i didn't mind driving to the Branson meet.
Even if only Texas members showed up,we should easily have at least 10 cars.

Jerry L.
Great job on the last TSQ meet Nick!!!

Thanks Jerry!

#36 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

View Post4cylFury, on 27 October 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

Niko, personally I think you did an excellent job with  the last meet we had in Houston and my family enjoyed the boardwalk the drag racing and hanging out that's why I called you to help do another one so if others want to go somewhere else I'm sure there's enough guys there that can handle it less of a headache for you.

Thanks Joe, all feedback is good...helps us make good decisions.

#37 4cylFury

4cylFury

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Praising God, My son, and racing

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

Well it looks like we have two different locations one being in Texas and one in Louisiana so let's get some votes in and who is going to coordinate in those locations. These meets are something a lot of us look forward to. Also my son always looks forward to going to these meets and him feel that's he's part of the club. For him it's hanging out with the big guys. I can't put a price on that. Plus it gets us out of the house. So wherever we go I'm cool with it.
Posted Image
87 Quest, Gato MPI, Gato Header, 6766Turbo, 2200cc injectors, E85, FAST ECU, 422 gears, Stock Non Jet Valve Head with no work done to it, Custom Cam, 3" hard pipes, Custum Powerglade tranny and much more.
Fury track time = 5.9 in the 1/8 mile
                  9.5 in the 1/4 mile

#38 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Wrenching, Gaming, cars

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

my vote is do both... but lets do TX first, im out in NorCal...
- The Demon
89 Black Conquest TSI SHP 5-speed - Restoration
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#39 IntercooledFlatty

IntercooledFlatty

Get Sum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

Niko you did a great job last time ;) if it's a TX meet Tye's live will be punished TEXAS style, if it's Louisiana Tye's liver will be punished BIG EASY style :lol: let's do a vote and go from there OR, Niko call your meet without a vote cuz it's what you are doing and those who wanna go will be there, no madder to me i'll be at either.
if it's Louisiana i'll do what it takes to get it done, i'll ask for help and we will have a blast. let's do this !
Posted Image Posted Image

FLATNESS RULEZ

#40 PDodson

PDodson

Mr Starquest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

im down for either location
1988 Durban Maroon Auto