croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:41 AM

There are 2 bungs on my intake manifold for temperature sensors. I have a stock temp sensor for the ECU w 3/8 npt in one and it works good.

I would like to install another sensor in just for the stock temp gage on dash but it needs to be 3/8 npt to screw in properly and also work w stock gage on dash. Any recommendation on which sensor is in range w stock gage w 3/8 npt is appreciated.Thought about making/buying adapter from npt to metric but figure one of you had to have figure this one out already.
I have a couple of stock sensors for the temp gage but threads are metric (not on npt)

Thank you
Dra

Edited by croquest87, 17 December 2018 - 06:58 AM.

#2 ucw458

ucw458

This will mean the extinction of all life forms on this planet.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,554 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

All pipe fittings on SQs and BSPT (British Standard Pipe Taper).  You can find adapters online.
My 87
Posted Image

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

Thank you for the response.I am using Chad's velocity stack intake.Sender for the stock gage is what l am after  stock is M16 x1.5   my manifold has 3/8 npt hole  l would like to avoid using the adapter and shooting for sender w 3/8 npt that will screw right in and work w the stock gage. Possible aftermarket  one.

Edited by croquest87, 17 December 2018 - 06:54 PM.

#4 kev

kev

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

Even the aftermarket stock sensors donít usually work.  They typically arenít calibrated the same.  I just recently pulled out my new aftermarket sensor because it was reading 3/4 at ~180 degrees. I tossed in a 30 year old original sensor and it works fine.  

Btw this gauge is not a tapered thread.  It is a metric flat faced o ring boss. M16-1.5 ifmemory serves me correctly.  Itís very similar in size to a 3/8 npt but I dont believe youíd be able to tap your tapered thread hole to the metric o ring boss

#5 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

http://imgur.com/a/Afo7iXt

This should work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic