Please critique my mpi shopping list

Getting ready to do this. My goal is good running mpi with coil on plug, cold idle,ability to hook up my cruise servo. I will make this my build thread as a reference for others too..

MPI Manifold have Chad's intake with 75 mm t/b

Different t/b for idle control or some other option for idle controll

Fuel pressure regulator , still need

Injectors and pigtails x4 don't have still need to select size

Wideband controller and sensor , have

Mgasquirt3 pcb3.57 , still need and that's what was recommended to me for coil on plug

Dizzy for cam sensor (need for coil on plug or sequential injector control) still need

MKI crank wheel or crank and sensor mount, still need (looking for a crank wheel that can be installed on my underdrive pulley)

Coils and brackets. Still need to research that one a little more.

Sensors...have the tps for the ford t/b , need I believe an IAT and CTS and MAP?

Fuel pump upgrade have

Little lost on the map sensor or maybe the MS has a input for pressure? Seems like I need a MAP sensor since I wont have a MAS...

MPI I/c piping still need

Wiring? Use stock stuff and have Scott put MS in a old ECU or just get the MS and wiring it in?

And of course I do have a good running car with the normal starion issues fixed with a big turbo and 3 inch exhaust and big I/c

use a stock ford 65 mm TB unless you want top end power only, then use a 70. 75 mm will add no real flow benifit, and ruins the tip-in throttle response and makes idle and off idle (slow cruise) tuning very difficult.

MS has a MAP sensor in it. The MM dizzy is an easy install. Hit ebay for one. You want GM clt and iat sensors. The Ford TPS works fine. For an idle valve I used a bosch 3 wire PWM valve. Can't remember the p/n but I added a TB spacer to install the valve port. Drilled and tapped it for a 3/4" NPT nipple.

check out

www.DIYAUTOTUNE.COM

they sell megasquirts and have everything you need. thats where i got most of all my stuff.

i would recommend a Map DADDY by DIYAutotune. it is a 4 bar map sensor. i believe the stock megasquirt is 2 bar

maybe a 2.5 bar.

contact scottstar he sells everything you need.

what ya need,

GM IAT Sensor with pigtail

GM Coolant sensor with pigtail

Megasquirt harness 12 foot

megasquirt tuning cable USB or DB9 pin (unless you go bluetooth)

4 Bar MapDaddy (ask for it when ordering the megasquirt) built on the main board of megasquirt

Fuses

Fuse Block

Wire terminals

heat shrink

solder iron

solder

Ford Tbody with TPS sensor

pig tail for TPS

gasket for Tbody to Intake

wideband o2 for tuning

fuel pressure regulator

fuel hose

AN fittings

fuel filter fitting -6 AN to 12x1.5 fitting with crush washer (-6AN depends on the hose you use)

injectors 4 of them

4 injector pig tails

if you go EDIS

mookey crank pulley for EDIS

EDIS VR Sensor and pigtail

mookeeh EDIS VR Sensor mount

Mookeeh dizzy plug

EDIS coil pack

EDIS harness and pigtails

hard pipes

couplers

Clamps

Thats all i can think of for now.

hope this helps

If you go with the MM dizzy, a spacer will be needed. ^^^this guy might be able to help.

I have an extra MM dizzy with harness/plug...let me know

You can get an upgrade trigger disc to go COP. Scott can definitly guide you with this set up.

If you go with the MM dizzy, a spacer will be needed. ^^^this guy might be able to help.

I have an extra MM dizzy with harness/plug...let me know

You can get an upgrade trigger disc to go COP. Scott can definitly guide you with this set up.

I would likely be interested in the MM dizzy. Going coil on plug is still up in the air as of today. I thing wasted sparked might be fine. Have not got to talk to lots of people running cop versus wasted spark.

I have not heard back from Scott for a bit. Probably overloaded him with questions.

You can do everything that you want to do with MS2 also. Just FYI. COP vs Wasted spark makes no difference that I am aware of aside from COP costs a lot more.

Sequential injection, on the other hand does make a difference at low engine speeds.

You can do everything that you want to do with MS2 also. Just FYI. COP vs Wasted spark makes no difference that I am aware of aside from COP costs a lot more.

Sequential injection, on the other hand does make a difference at low engine speeds.

You can go wasted spark for now then change over to COP. A couple of changes in the software settings and wiring the individual coils would be needed.

The wasted spark system is good enough in my opinion.

BTW, what power range are you shooting for?

Dizzy Spacers are sold out as of right now. need to get some more made up.

I'M down for a pair if you make more.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.
  • Like 1

interested in the mm dizzy spacer too... the upgrade the disk for the mm dizzy wheel, whos got that info. i have only ever run edis on my builds

Plug and Play Hi Res wheel for the MM CAS. I've run one for years with zero problem.

http://yoshifab.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=46

I'll grab some measurements and knock a few spacers out too while I-W restocks

Edited by psu_Crash

DIY also make a nice disk, it emulates a 12-1 trigger wheel with a cam signal so you can easily run either wasted spark or full sequential.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/50-mm-optical-trigger-wheel-for-nissan-sr20det-or-ka24de-p-472.html

Do note that the yoshi disk has the "crank" pattern on the outer ring while the DIY has it on the inner ring. The Mitsu CAS has the four slot "crank" on the outer like the yoshi, not a big deal to swap wires around but you want to make sure you get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Did either of you gentlemen get any spacers made?

Ill take 2 spacers.

I'd also be interested in a dizzy spacer.

LOL my mpi thread is turning into a group buy. I do need a spacer as well though.

scott87star I am ready to buy one of your setups too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why would you want a 4 bar map sensor, is that a MS thing? That's 58 psi worth of measurement, I'm guessing you'd be doing well to hit half of that. I put a GM 3 bar on my 1g so I could run 30+ psi, but a 2.5 bar is still good for 36 psi. I believe the larger the sensor, the less resolution it has as well.