• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

Hello,

Finally got the bugs out of the tune on the car so it's time to start thinking of the next section of the project for the car. At this point that'll be moving on to the interior and getting stuff crossed off that list. My stock seats are getting a little tired and I want to use this opportunity to do a little research on seats. I looked around a bit on this sub-forum and did not find a stickied thread (or otherwise) that lists the brand and model of seats that will fit. Please feel free to post any rigid seats in here as well as I want it to be a solid database for people, but here are my requirements:

-Reclines (my car isn't a track car, mostly a summer car and occasionally gets tracked)
-Narrow enough to fit between the factory door cards and center console
-Same seat height or lower than factory seats (I'm 6 feet tall with a shorter inseam and long torso, my head just about touches the ceiling...)
-Seat brackets: I would like to find something that slides and utilizes the factory mounting points, not a universal setup.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

http://i512.photobuc...pg?t=1339849860

#2 MotoCam360

MotoCam360

Established Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Interests:SQ, SY/TY, BMW, electronics, motorcycles, snowbikes
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

corbeau brackets are awesome
Tim

My Feedback Link
'87 Red 5spd | '87 Atlantic Blue 5spd | '88 Yellow auto | '88 Fiji Auto | '89 Fiji auto
Posted Image
  New/Used SQ parts can be found on Ebay under "MotoCam360"

#3 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,389 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Best seats are factory aftermarket seats like Recaro's. They're pricey but you can find good deals on them. As for rails don't buy Wedge Engineering brackets. I paid $400 with shipping and they fit like crap. They don't have a return policy either so also sales are final no refunds.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

JohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#4 MotoCam360

MotoCam360

Established Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Interests:SQ, SY/TY, BMW, electronics, motorcycles, snowbikes

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

The corbeau brackets fit like a glove and they're $250 for the set.  They have 2 different rail slide options as well.

I have 4 sets now
Tim

My Feedback Link
'87 Red 5spd | '87 Atlantic Blue 5spd | '88 Yellow auto | '88 Fiji Auto | '89 Fiji auto
Posted Image
  New/Used SQ parts can be found on Ebay under "MotoCam360"

#5 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:32 AM

Do the corbeau brackets exclusively fit corbeau seats on them, or do some of the seat manufacturers utilize the same bracket-to-seat mounting points?

Does anyone know if the recaros out of a evo x will fit in our cars?

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

#6 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

View Postpolarisman14, on 23 June 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

Do the corbeau brackets exclusively fit corbeau seats on them, or do some of the seat manufacturers utilize the same bracket-to-seat mounting points?

Does anyone know if the recaros out of a evo x will fit in our cars?

I'm getting a set of Evo X for 800 bucks, I looked at them and they seem pretty easy to swap in. Currently I have some old APC seats on some unknown make brackets. Whenever my buddy gets back from deployment I'll be throwing them in. It should be a simple process. Basically unbolt the seat and slider from the bracket, then maybe drill a hole or two and use flush head bolts with lock nuts and loctite on the bottom.

#7 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

They fit fine, even with a roll bar. I did a tutorial about it a while ago. You'll have more room if you use a seat that mounts brackets on the bottom instead of the sides. There are some bolt in options, you can modify the stock sliders, or you can DIY it pretty easily.

http://www.starquest...howtopic=134069

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#8 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Yeah I was hoping to help compile a list of the bolt-in slider brackets. I'm upset to hear that the Wedge ones suck as they say right on their site "contact us if they don't fit right" etc etc...

While I'm asking, are there any 4pt cages that have a bolt-in harness bar? It'd be nice to retain the rear seats if at all possible. Got a little one and another on the way, and we like to use the car to go get ice cream :).

Edited by polarisman14, 23 June 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#9 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

View Postpolarisman14, on 23 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Yeah I was hoping to help compile a list of the bolt-in slider brackets. I'm upset to hear that the Wedge ones suck as they say right on their site "contact us if they don't fit right" etc etc...

While I'm asking, are there any 4pt cages that have a bolt-in harness bar? It'd be nice to retain the rear seats if at all possible. Got a little one and another on the way, and we like to use the car to go get ice cream :).

Check out my tutorial for links, the Autopower bar I have has a welded crossbar but it comes with a bolt in crossbar also. Either way you can still fit the seat back there, sitting back there is another thing.

You can grind the rivets off the stock sliders and bolt mounts to them but they won't drop the height. There were a couple of slider kits that were brand specific. Any bottom mount seat can use the universal bottom mounts, which are basically just two pieces of angle stock. May need to drill a couple holes, but it'll look perfect.

Edited by Fuze, 23 June 2016 - 01:52 PM.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#10 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

Yeah my goal is to retain the rear seats so the kiddos can sit back there. Essentially I'd pull the harness bar, pop the kid seats back there, and be good to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users