trans swap questions

cheesey

1)are the bell housing bolts that hold the trans to the block the same. I assume they are.

2)is the speed signal generator used for anything besides cruise control. Two wires coming off where the Speedo cable is.

I've read all the posts and there wasn't much mention of these things. Just wanted to make sure. Again thanks for the help.

As far as I know yes all the bolts are the same. Can't say for sure about the early 83-84 models because I haven't touched them.

The part on the trans that the speedo cable connects to is not for the cruise control. Cruise control and ECU gets it's speed signal from a reed switch inside the speedo. The part on the trans is a speed signal generator for the ABS. Digital dash cars have a 3 wire signal generator for the speedo, cruise and ECU but no speedometer cable. Digital dash cars don't have ABS.

Same, as in same size and length? They are the same thread but different lengths.

Yeah I guess I should have been more clear.

The same set of bolts should work year to year. But the bellhousing set has different length bolts.

Shoot should have been more descriptive. Will the belhousing bolts when I take off my auto be able work for the manual? I already knew they are all different. Just wanted to know if they will work for both transmissions. Thanks ucw458 for the info on the speed signal generator knew what it was just didn't know what it did.