whos bought the hurricane? fess up(WHO ARE YOU)

this post is for info on the hurr4,,, we know it looks awesome,,,,we all want to know the technical stuff after the purchase

where are the people that has bought this intake,,,i personnally only remember one guy but  cant remember who it is,,,,,i just want to know the pros and cons i looked on the boards and have seen any HOOTS OR HOLLERS on how nice it is,, how fast and easy it went together,, how easy it is to tune and most important how the seat grabs your arse as you mash the gas

anyone know who has purchased one of these     let me know

later bryen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the hurricane setup with there fuel pump setup also. I am waiting on stedebani for my motor mounts and trans mount before my motor goes back in then I can post some numbers on the dyno. As far as the quality it is great and hooking up the electronics and installing the intake are extremely simple. They include everything you could possibly need for a complete install. I would highly recommend.

I have the hurricane setup with there fuel pump setup also. I am waiting on stedebani for my motor mounts and trans mount before my motor goes back in then I can post some numbers on the dyno. As far as the quality it is great and hooking up the electronics and installing the intake are extremely simple. They include everything you could possibly need for a complete install. I would highly recommend.

Hey, how much are those motor and tranny mounts? I want some.

There was just a group buy on them. I got them for $170 shipped. Just got them today and I am planing on working on my car unless we are busy at work today. 3sxperformance.com now also sells poly mounts for are cars. If you have any other questions let me know.

hey  starionesi-r

have you been able to work on your starion????kind of anxious to see some results i think the boards have posted about this mpi a month or so ago ...and i havent seen no dynos,or anything,,other than wat you have said,,oh and ed from fip but for all i know hes a salesman so keep me posted

thanx again   bryen

The engine is in and all the fuel line and everything with the fuel system is done. I still have to put my tranny and clutch in but that won't take me more then a half an hour. I am waiting for the rest of my electrical wiring that came with the kit. It got lost in the mail but will be here tomorrow. As soon as it comes in I can wire up all the electrical and finish wiring up my msd ignition. Then the last thing I have to do till I get some dyno numbers is fab up some intercooler piping because I upgraded to the new evoultion intercooler. Then fab up my 3 inch exhaust then its done. Then all I got to do is break in the new motor. I hope to have some numbers up soon. Probably won't be to after the 1st of the year though. As soon as I'm done I'll post pics and numbers of the complete system.

hey  starionesi-r

have you been able to work on your starion????kind of anxious to see some results i think the boards have posted about this mpi a month or so ago ...and i havent seen no dynos,or anything,,other than wat you have said,,oh and ed from fip but for all i know hes a salesman so keep me posted

thanx again   bryen

thats funny ed is definatly not just a salesman he's one hell of an engineer as well

ok guys ill take your word that eds not just a salesman,,,i agree he deffinately sounds like he knows wats good for our cars

so i will wait on the edge of my seat,,, for the long awaited dynos

im in no possition to buy one tomarrow anyway so i guess its no real big deal

later bryen

Its going good so far I have finished almost all the wiring. I just have to hook up my msd with there harness and everything then wire loom it. I'm still waiting for my downpipe with the wastegate tube attached to it, fan relay, and my tps plug. Its taking a while for stuff to get here being the time of the year and all. I should have it up and running shortly after the beginning of the new year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Starionesir

To start of I want to congratulate you on your project it's really making me drool hehe. I hope you can get her running soon BECAUSE...........

I also purchased the hurricane so I hope to only hear the pros and NOT the cons...  however Ed said i have to wait 3to4weeks  :-/ he's a really nice guy a bit convincing so that's why i got it. I'm a bit involved with my car too and in fact too much time and investment has been done for 6yrs. However mpi is a totally new ballgame for me and knowing that the hurricane is a revolutionary step in providing bolt on ease made me get it coz hunting for parts will be frustrating especially timeframe for me is reduced coz of a new family ;D I'm a bit anxious and might be asking a lot of MPI STARQUESTIONS?? ??? ;Dhehe. I have the MSD 6a w/ the 8910 tach adapter w/c uses the stock igniter, can i still use this 8910 or i have to use the 8920 that eliminates the igniter w/c won't be needed for the hurricane?

Anyway here's my engine specs:

Forced Performance 18g ported turbo

Schneider 284 cam

Modified 1G Mas on K&N Filter Open Airbox

Jet Valves Removed, Balance Shaft Eliminated

Extrudehoned intake matched 52mm to TB

Cartech BCFR

350HPBosch Fuel Pump

MSD 6A Ignition w/8910Tach Adapter

BlasterSS Coil

Magnecor KV85 Wires

Greddy Strut bar

Custom Rear Strut Bar

Custom Rear Camber Plate

Hayden Flexfan and Auxilliary Fan

Eibach/Tokico combos

ACT Extreme clutch

Fidanza Flywheel

HKS SSQV BOV

TEP Spearco Intercooler

Kelly OVC Pipe and Shelby 2.0 IC Steel Pipes

3 wire02 sensor

Full 3in Exhaust/Flex Downpipe

HKS Hiper 120 mm. muffler

No a/c and cruise control

Eibach Springs

Tokico shocks

S.T.Swaybars  F/R

Stedebani Poly Suspension Bushings

Autometer Guages, Boost,Vac, AFR, Exhaust Temp,FPR,

HKS Type1Turbo Timer

HKS EVC PRO IV

Bain Short Shifter

Trunk Mounted Optima Yellow Top Battery

TEP Steel Braided Brake and Oscar Clutch lines .

http://www.msnusers.com/Jozel/Documents/Before.JPG

Cleaning up removed those stupid PS lines for braided ones...anything to be removed ELECTRICALLY that i will not need...any suggestions  ???

http://www.msnusers.com/Jozel/Documents/cleaning%20up.JPG

This is a t3/t4 TO4E .50trim "O" .070ar Vband Split tang blower

http://www.msnusers.com/Jozel/Documents/comparison%20WOW.JPG

w/ the mpi im also waiting for Tainter's header w/c is very affordable

http://www.msnusers.com/Jozel/Documents/DSC02410.jpg

MISC I got:

Roller rockers

HDsprings

Arp head bolts

Valve cover gasket

TEP (ajusa)MLS headgasket

header bolts and brass nuts

Future parts I would need soon:

Marnal head (any suggestions?)..got the porting kit ready yummy :D

Valves(recommended?)

Lifters(I opted for this)

aluminum radiator(maybe from tep but very costly yet bolt-on and super pretty)

I guess that's about it for now

Thanks for the time ;)

Joe

The pics didn't work just red x's :'( Removing the wiring is up to you. I removed the whole harness but if you do that then you have to run a couple of wires because for some reason the starter wire is in that fuel harness and so is the oil pressure sending unit wire. I believe there is another wire but its slipping my mind at the moment. The install is pretty straight forward. The directions are very straight forward and easy to follow. As far as the msd goes you are going to have to buy a dodge caravan module that you have to wire in. I got mine from autocraft for $50. Its from I believe a 84 dodge caravan with the mitsu 2.6 in it. Its called a ignition module. And don't go to the dealer for it. At my cost it still was like $350 :o I'm surprised ed didn't tell you that you needed that part. And I feel for you about the wait. I have been waiting for roughly 4 months if not more for everything to arrive. Actually still waiting for a couple of parts that will be here tommorrow. But it is worth it. It is a great product. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. And if you have any more pics of your car I'd love to see them.

Jeff

You said you were interested in teps radiator. I called probably like 2 months ago and they don't offer them anymore. Turbonetics was making them for tep and stoped. So they don't offer aluminum radiators anymore until they can find another company to make one. And of course that will take a while. Thats why I just got one from summit with new fans. Was only like $310 for radiator and fans. Much cheaper then tep.

The pics didn't work just red x's :'( Removing the wiring is up to you. I removed the whole harness but if you do that then you have to run a couple of wires because for some reason the starter wire is in that fuel harness and so is the oil pressure sending unit wire. I believe there is another wire but its slipping my mind at the moment. The install is pretty straight forward. The directions are very straight forward and easy to follow. As far as the msd goes you are going to have to buy a dodge caravan module that you have to wire in. I got mine from autocraft for $50. Its from I believe a 84 dodge caravan with the mitsu 2.6 in it. Its called a ignition module. And don't go to the dealer for it. At my cost it still was like $350 :o I'm surprised ed didn't tell you that you needed that part. And I feel for you about the wait. I have been waiting for roughly 4 months if not more for everything to arrive. Actually still waiting for a couple of parts that will be here tommorrow. But it is worth it. It is a great product. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. And if you have any more pics of your car I'd love to see them.

Jeff

did you see any pics now ???..kinda wierd but no prob I have the pics also at Gary's site 26liter.us

so you're saying even w/ an msd i would still need the dodge module..any part number for that?,.autozone or pepboys should have it right? and it should come with instructions from ed's ?Anyway tons of questions still ringing in my head and I just wanna take 1 step at a time, right now i just started sanding the compressor housing just at least to get some shine into it , doing the most dirtiest and time consuming part of cleaning and prepping the engine bay to be painted then I would feel happy it's nice and clean ;D,..I just can't slap things back in there,..the sorroundings have to accomodate the main feature hehe ;D but I know it's well worth it. ...GOD I wish I don't have to wait 4months for it ...i'll die hehe so what component are still waiting for?

If you don't mind.. how did you connect the 02sensor and i also have the  A/F guage that I wired to the ecu now the ecu is  gonna go so where will it be connected then?

Hopefully you can take more snapshots of your engine bay in every corner so ican an idea what wiring needs to be removed :-/

Thanks bro I hope i did not cause to much hassle.

Joe

Its no problem your not causing me any trouble. I don't think you'll have to wait as long as I did. When I bought the kit it was before the hurricane 4 was even made. My kit was one of the first and ed decided to call there regular mulitport kit the hurricane 4. And I'm waiting for the 3in to 2.5in coupler that comes off the throttle body and also waiting for the fan relay for my setup. He also is making a downpipe for my so I'm waiting for that too. Acutally when the flange comes in today I have to call him and give him some measurements so he can fab up the pipe. Yes even with the msd you have to have the ignition module. It is on a 84 caravan and the wells part number is cr125. But that one was expensive at autocraft. But give pep boys or autozone that number and then they can check if they offer other brands that make that part and compare the prices. I found there was huge differences is price depending on the brand. And if you can't find it ed told me he could get me one so I'm sure he could get you one. I haven't hooked my airfuel gauge up yet but I'm just going to tap into the new o2 wire that is part of the new harness that comes with the computer. It is a blue wire. I have more pics that I took with my girlfriends digital camera I just have to download them to the computer then I can post them on here. If you need anything else just let me know I'll help you as much as I can.

Car looks good. The hurricane will look real good under the hood ;) What model momo steering wheel is that and how much was it. I like that alot. And I can't wait till I can get a 83 hood. Your car looks so good with that hood. And I forgot the wiring on the module wasn't in the direction from what I remember but I'm not sure and I can't find my directions. Too early in the morning I can't find anything. But if there not ask ed and he can tell you what wire goes to what. Its very simple only 4 wires I believe.