Door Lock Cylinders

Nightcall

I've an 86 ESIR and the door locks are in bad shape...Also original owner managed to lose the original key (my dad lol). So spare key doesn't open trunk or gas tank cover (it's never locked though so no trouble with refueling). I've been researching the topic a little. Any suggestions? I seen car door lock cylinders on the internet. Any of those useful? Thanks.

I took a set to a locksmith ( locks from 2 diff cars) and they refurbished the locks and keyed them alike.

I saw this thread and it sparked a question for my own situation.

On my Starion, the PO never gave me an original key, I have a copy. The key works in the ignition, doors, and gas tank, but it doesn't work in the trunk. The trunk cylinder looks original to me. I have it out right now and I didn't see evidence of it ever being removed before. Do you guys think it's just a bad cylinder or do you think there's something wrong with my copied key that only effects the trunk.

Could be the lock or a slightly off key. Valet keys only work the doors and ignition and maybe the gas cover though I'm not sure on that one. They aren't supposed to work on the trunk. Kinda rediculous since SQs have a trunk pop lever. You may have a valet key.

Thanks guys. Do you suggest I buy the Beck Arnley keys and bring that to the locksmith? It comes with an ignition cylinder but I suppose I don't need that. My dad said the original keys opened the trunk and gas tank but I guess since I don't have it anymore I ought to use a different key for those. What do you guys think?

Locksmith will have key blanks. Just take the passenger lock in. Having 2 keys for different parts of the vehicle gets old. The lock may even have the key code inscribed on it. With the code they just make the key without messing with the lock.
  • Like 1