SHP 8s [x4] Any Decent Sets To CA

240Z2NV

Hoping to find TWO decent sets of SHP 16x8s for track days. By "decent" I mean minor rashing or none. No bent rims. I might be powdercoating them, so the finish isn't 100% vital; but, they need to be straight. I'm very new to the site, so thanks for looking!

Direct email link is best way to reach me...until I get set-up better on this site...

** Will consider 7s & 8s

I have some fitment 'issues' and need the small + offset. I now realize that what I seek is TWO Needles In The Haystack! :~(

Edited by 240Z2NV

$80 for four rims...that's damn reasonable!

I spent many hours making a cardboard template [fake wheel] and it seems as though the SHP Rears will be a very difficult fit, so I guess that I am back to searching for TWO sets of SHP FRONTS... that is, if I am correct in my understanding that SHP Fronts are 16x8 +18 I need the small + offset. A small - offset is impossible for what my parameters are, and zero offset is potentially problemmatic. This search, from what I have seen in availability is next-to-impossible. Good thing that I'm in no rush...

Edited by 240Z2NV

$80 for four rims...that's damn reasonable!

I spent many hours making a cardboard template [fake wheel] and it seems as though the SHP Rears will be a very difficult fit, so I guess that I am back to searching for TWO sets of SHP FRONTS... that is, if I am correct in my understanding that SHP Fronts are 16x8 +18 I need the small + offset. a small - offset is impossible for what my parameters are, and zero offset is potentially problemmatic. This search, from what I have seen in availability is next-to-impossible. Good thing that I'm in no rush...

Welcome to our world, where us finding after market rims can be a pain.

Also, you probably won't get too friendly of a welcome wanting the already hard to find SHP rims to put on what at least appears to be on a 240SX. They're already hard enough to come buy amongst ourselves ( so don't be surprised if torches and pitchforks come your way lol )

Fair enough. I like to think that newcomers to my online group receive a warmer welcome; but, there are always those members...

It really [should have] no bearing; but, it is a 240Z with a Corvette C5 Z06 drivetrain....just looking for some rims for track-day tires....

ahh seee you should have said that in the first place, thought you were some 240sx mad tyte drifter.

True, but I still don't think some folks are going to take kindly to SHP's being used as track rims :lol: Regular's I don't think people could care less honestly.

Sounds similar to the Z car 'enthusiasts' who think that they have some divinity because they keep their Zs stock.... they are CARS ... These Holy Grail SHP rims.....I din't even know that there was a difference between SHP and regualr wide bodies until I found this site. Those that feel as though they have some exclusive claim to a WHEEL need to get over themselves....

We live in a free market society. If I can find the wheels for sale somewhere, do you think that the seller is going to turn away my money if I paid the asking price because of what kind of car that they are going on? If he does, that is his choice...perhaps he should keep them until a 'suitable new owner' comes along [sic]. I have yet to see a posting in the For Sale forum that qualifies any parts being sold that they HAVE to be utilized as the seller deems appropriate. This is just a silly conversation. There are a half dozen wide bodies [including SHPs] being sold on craigslist in my area for peanuts...many of which have been severely 'molested'. Are the purists here going to send out a lynch mob?

"True, but I still don't think some folks are going to take kindly to SHP's being used as track rims Regular's I don't think people could care less honestly."

So, that is to say that any of your members who have SHP cars cannot use them on the track?! Because other members won't 'take kindly' to them being used in such a way? PULLEEEZ........

Edited by 240Z2NV

Nice sounding Z...Sorry to be off topic a bit, but about how much did it cost you to swap over the C5 drivetrain? I have a parts car in which the frame rails are rotted through on and I was going to rebuild it and swap a VG30DETT into it, but I like the sound of the vette drivetrain.

Also, the people on zcar.com seem to be the least helpful people I've meet on a car forum. That includes multiple fiero forums, multiple quest forums, and a mustang forum. They don't give answers just give a broad website and it takes you days to find what they were talking about. On the part about keeping the z's stock, I think that unmolested 240Z's at this point, should stay that way. if they're in need of major repair and would need taken off the road anyway, go for it. Plus, 260's and 280's i don't really care about do what ever you want with those lol.

Realistically, I don't have much hopes of scoring any wheels here seeing the reaction...AND, now knowing how 'valuable' that they are. It was just an option that I was investigating.

To the two 'Topic Detours' - The LSx powerplants are considerably easier to get torque & hp out of [over Mopar]. The aluminum blocks are LIGHTER that the OE inline six, and lighter than any modern day 'Hemi'. The TT swap is neat & all; but, not NEARLY as easy and widely 'serviceable' as the LSx powerplants. To get 400+ rwhp out of an LSx is quite simple; but, not the case out of the [exotic] TT swaps. It's all relative to experience, I suppose. SIGNIFICANT fabrication is involved in the TT swaps, as well as MUCH more expensive....custom ECMs, tubing, scarce parts, etc.

I don't belong to ZCar.com [per se]. Yes, they are snobs there [sound familiar..?] and NOT eager to help newcomers. I only go to that site as a LAST resort. I belong to nearly a dozen sites...there are only a couple with 'attitudes' that don't serve their general 'community' well. 'Molesting' [my term] a car is relative. One could consider aftermarket wheels or side mirrors [green Z above] a molestation...those people need to be on an island somewhere in the south pacific, where they can keep their 'purity' to themselves. As car enthusiasts it would seem logical that we would all share an appreciation for work that is well-EXECUTED......

WE are in some very trying times right now [with the economic meltdown & housing market debacle]. Some of us wrench on our cars as a respite, a momentary distraction from the stresses of job-loss and home-loss, it is a 'sanctuary' for folks like myself. The last thing that we all really need right now is petty criticism over a 'hobby' of choice...like good 'ol Rodney King [repeat felon and LAPD plaintiff] said "Can't we all just get along" [snif snif] We are some so eager to poop on others' Cornflakes...?

If it helps, I have coveted the widebody StarQuest every since Grad school in the late 80s....

Edited by 240Z2NV

Yeah, I'm actually disappointed with my green Z. I bought it the way it is now. The black rear spoiler wasn't put on very well and the rear end is all chipped up from closing the hatch. The side mirrors are "cheap" testerossa imitations. I quote cheap, because I checked the z catalog and they're the most expensive ones in there. The vibra resistant design causes them to shake so much that you can't tell what's behind you. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket air dam as it flares out and the rest of the car flares in (plan on replacing with stock valance). The seats are cheaper racing seats (have a set of stock vinyl that I'm putting in). Not a big fan of the rims on it. I have dealer add on rims that I'll be putting on it when the tread is bad on these ones. The engine is the biggest headache. The owner before me swapped out the 2.4 and put in a 2.8 but converted it over to carburetion to make it look stock. The head is off a 280zx turbo (was machined to up the compression). The distributor is a high output aftermarket as are the wires and plugs, but the coil is stock. Finding what parts to use on the car is a PITA.

As for some mods, I don't have big problems with it. Aftermarket rims aren't too bad, because it's easy to jack the car up and swap the old rims back on. It also preserves them. Stereos are the same way along with some other aftermarket stuff.

I have a 2.4 out of my 72 parts car that I was thinking about swapping in to make it a bit closer to original, but it was sitting for 10 years before my dad bought it and that was 15 years ago lol.

oh, and as for modding for the VG30DETT to fit, I agree, you need to adjust strut towers along with relocating the turbos. I just love what they look like, plus I would be keeping it Nissan and would be starting out with 300hp at the crank, which is plenty for these cars.

FWIW, a site [company] called transwheel ( www.transwheel.com ) makes them NEW....now. Someone had mentioned the site on another thread along with some unintelligible 'street lingo' and I checked them out. Their site is THE WORST; but, they do have the wheels....NEW....

Scotty, lol I'm not yelling at anyone...it is just interpreting the 'emotion' of someone else's written word... Anyway, email me off-site and we can discuss. I cannot fit the OE widebody rear wheels [16x8 -10mm] IF I am correct in my understanding about the various OE sizes. I could possibly do the fronts x4 [16x7 +18mm] IF I am correct in my understanding.... In a PERFECT world, I would find FOUR of the FRONT SHP wheels [16x8 +18mm] Those would be PERFECT !! An offset of -10 & an offset of +18 are worlds apart when talking close tolerances.....