GM alt converion kit.

Homeless2BNY

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/StarQuestGMAltadaptors057.jpg

OK here we go again for all you guyes that have been emailing me about my brackets!!!

This is a custom made bracket to adapt a GM 110 amp alternator to our StarQuests. We all had the same problems with our weak stock Mitsubishi alternators burning up, so this bracket will allow you to adapt a great and stronger brand new GM alternator.

These brackets I have are made of solid 6061 top quality aluminum and all hardware is Grade 8. They fit great and are made really strong, so there will be no flexing or bending. I have made these perfect so you will not need and washers for spaceing. it will bolt right up and your Alt belt will sit perfectly straight.

Ok so this is only half of what you will need to do the conversion. After you have the bracket you need to go ahead and call Gene McGowan at 1-877-734-3381, thay are a wholesale supplier and has been in business for over 35 years. Just tell him Mark or Kelly said to call for a StarQuest GM alternator. These Alternators are LIFETIME WARRANTY.He will put on a correct V-belt pulley and give you a new pig tail to go with it. I got one to my door for around $111.95 with the pig tail.

You can get a hold of me(Mark) here, leave me your number and i will call you back and answer any questions you have best i can or I'll email you back my cell number. Or just reply on this post.

Just got 20 new sets in Saturday(6/1/08)

$50 for the bracket plus $7 shipping. i take PayPal only, unless your close enought that i can give drive and give it to you.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/StarQuestGMAltadaptors051.jpg

Edited by Homeless2BNY

bump

the pigtail has connections labeled:

-S (RED) -> connect to the factory THICK white wire

-F

-L (Brown with red line) -> connect to the factory THIN white wire

-P

is the wireing for the new Alt BTW.

Edited by Homeless2BNY

• 2 weeks later...

other pics pulled from *DM site. thanx Kelly

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/3.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/6.jpg

gives you a idea of what you can do with a little motivation...or keep swaping crap stock rebiulds. whatever. lol

Edited by Homeless2BNY

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/StarQuestGMAltadaptors057.jpg

OK here we go again for all you guyes that have been emailing me about my brackets!!!

do you still have? i need your help !!!

goykgo@gmail.com

This is a custom made bracket to adapt a GM 110 amp alternator to our StarQuests. We all had the same problems with our weak stock Mitsubishi alternators burning up, so this bracket will allow you to adapt a great and stronger brand new GM alternator.

These brackets I have are made of solid 6061 top quality aluminum and all hardware is Grade 8. They fit great and are made really strong, so there will be no flexing or bending. I have made these perfect so you will not need and washers for spaceing. it will bolt right up and your Alt belt will sit perfectly straight.

Ok so this is only half of what you will need to do the conversion. After you have the bracket you need to go ahead and call Gene McGowan at 1-877-734-3381, thay are a wholesale supplier and has been in business for over 35 years. Just tell him Mark or Kelly said to call for a StarQuest GM alternator. These Alternators are LIFETIME WARRANTY.He will put on a correct V-belt pulley and give you a new pig tail to go with it. I got one to my door for around $111.95 with the pig tail.

You can get a hold of me(Mark) here, leave me your number and i will call you back and answer any questions you have best i can or I'll email you back my cell number. Or just reply on this post.

Just got 20 new sets in Saturday(6/1/08)

$50 for the bracket plus $7 shipping. i take PayPal only, unless your close enought that i can give drive and give it to you.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/homeless2b/StarQuestGMAltadaptors051.jpg

• 1 month later...
holy old post Batman...hate to say it, but these are a wee bit cheaper on ebay now. Is that you over there too?

Great mod either way.

yea its old but nuthin has changed, so yea. price is what it is. time isn't making the material and pieces value go down...unlike my Starion. tee hee.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like a pair. Do you have photos of your kit installed? Are the alternators listed above still available?

yea i still have these. there should be pics floating around,

my comp got wrecked so i lost all my photos and stuff :(

but its ashard as swaping a alt.

1hr. tops

• 2 months later...

yea i still have these. there should be pics floating around,

my comp got wrecked so i lost all my photos and stuff :(

but its ashard as swaping a alt.

1hr. tops

Does the alternator pully allow the GM alt to kick in at low rpm. I got one years ago that didnt generate anything untill i rev'd the car to kick it up a notch... now when the car warms up production of voltage seems to drop too. Windows almost dont even close... DOH!

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...