BMW problems HELP!

dukaine

Ok i have a 95 bmw 318ti that i got and it has me a bit stumped for the moment. The car when warm will only rev to about 2600 rpms and then its like it is bouncing off a rev limiter and won't go more. When cold it will do a bit more rpm before doing the same thing. The car rpm will bounce repeatedly like its a rev limiter. I have already changed both the tps and the cam sensor. I did a fuel system test and that checked out fine too. I am not sure with these but do these have a low rpm rev limiter for in neutral and park. If so than maybe there is something not telling the car it is in gear. I can drive the car but i have to feather the car to keep the rpms low enough to shift. I did notice today upon start up on the dash there was a oil service thing and on the other side it said inspection and under the inspection tag it had a yellow and a red bar if that means anything. My check engine light is not on either and this is still a obd 1 car.

I am just looking for someone with knowledge about these systems that can give me a idea on what it can be and what and where to look for problems on this car. I am on a bmw forum with it and unlike our site people dont seem to response to help post. So anyone got some ideas let me know thx. If needed i could do a video of what it is doing later if that would help. Let the pointers come thx.

Ok i have a 95 bmw 318ti that i got and it has me a bit stumped for the moment. The car when warm will only rev to about 2600 rpms and then its like it is bouncing off a rev limiter and won't go more. When cold it will do a bit more rpm before doing the same thing. The car rpm will bounce repeatedly like its a rev limiter. I have already changed both the tps and the cam sensor. I did a fuel system test and that checked out fine too. I am not sure with these but do these have a low rpm rev limiter for in neutral and park. If so than maybe there is something not telling the car it is in gear. I can drive the car but i have to feather the car to keep the rpms low enough to shift. I did notice today upon start up on the dash there was a oil service thing and on the other side it said inspection and under the inspection tag it had a yellow and a red bar if that means anything. My check engine light is not on either and this is still a obd 1 car.

I am just looking for someone with knowledge about these systems that can give me a idea on what it can be and what and where to look for problems on this car. I am on a bmw forum with it and unlike our site people dont seem to response to help post. So anyone got some ideas let me know thx. If needed i could do a video of what it is doing later if that would help. Let the pointers come thx.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and say the "what else do you drive" section of a Mitsubishi forum is not the best place to get troubleshooting help with a BMW. If anything, try our virtual mechanic forum, but more to the point, maybe try a BMW forum. I can see not wanting to go there though since there are better mechanics here, lol. Good luck. No idea why your car is doing that.