fel-pro head gaskets

freebird

how is the 9116pt better than the 8770pt?

Is this 9116 considered an upgrade?

An 88/89 thing?

thicker?

I ask because I have the 8770 hanging in the garage.

faster than waiting for a gasket to arrive but if its better then I guess l'll have to wait!!!

I like more boost after all....lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9116 is slightly thicker. The thought is that mitsu was compensating for the 3 PSI boost raise by using a thicker gasket for slightly lower comp ratio.

You can use either one. Though most use the 8770 because it's cheaper. I used the 8770 on my build.

Just learned something here ... I didn't even know there were 2 gaskets. Mine came in the Felpro Upper Gasket set when I did my build - anyone know which one comes in the kit?

thanks guys.

I just didnt see why such a big diff. in price on the 9116.

9116 gasket alone $40+

8770 gasket alone around $20

But if im running .040 oever pistons i might want to do a 9116.

I did find this ROL HG31740HT Hi-Temp Engine Cylinder Head Gasket

I know I can trust fel-pro so I'm not worried. Anyone ever heard of this ^^^^^^^ or is it just some junk?

Edited by freebird

its graphite......... better materal...........9116 felpro o rileys auto 61.00 bucks full top end set...........

The 9116 is not better. It's just thicker.

FYI, many of the 400+ HP guys are using the 8770.

The 9116 is slightly thicker. The thought is that mitsu was compensating for the 3 PSI boost raise by using a thicker gasket for slightly lower comp ratio.

You can use either one. Though most use the 8770 because it's cheaper. I used the 8770 on my build.

So did you dream this or just blatantly lie?

So you say the 9116 is thicker, so then your also saying the 88-89's have lower compression.... really?

This is the crap I cant stand.

Edited by Funky Phil

Well, because its incorrect. Thats why its wrong.

Your 8770 has held. Good for you. What does that prove? Nothing.

Did I say the 8770 is garbage?? Nope.

Edited by Funky Phil

Well, because its incorrect. Thats why its wrong.

Your 8770 has held. Good for you. What does that prove? Nothing.

Did I say the 8770 is garbage?? Nope.

i would still like to know the difference. in the past i did read the 9116 was thicker, so i would agree with above. however all your saying is that thats wrong with no explanation

not trying to argue, i would just love to know the difference, thicker is the only thing you find if you search the difference..

So did you dream this or just blatantly lie?

So you say the 9116 is thicker, so then your also saying the 88-89's have lower compression.... really?

This is the crap I cant stand.

Phil you know better than to post this without backing it up. But then you can't back it up because you know I'm right. A thicker HG will lower compression on any motor. Not by much though which is why I said "slightly" lower. The 9116 is thicker than the 8770.