Viper rear swap??

I was told that someone has swapped a Dodge Viper rear into a starquest but I cannot find any info on this. Does anyone know about this or have the thread? If there even is one.

Well im a master procrastinator so I should be able to do this just fine.... :ph34r: I'll have to try and get ahold of him. this is gonna be a winter project but I just want to be ready for it.

Well im a master procrastinator so I should be able to do this just fine.... :ph34r:

ROFL!! Let me guess, you'll get right on it.... tomorrow.

• Like 1

yeah the rears have dana parts but I want it because it is independent suspension and if it breaks you can actually buy Parts to fix it. unlike our mysterious starquest rears they you can get parts for.

yeah the rears have dana parts but I want it because it is independent suspension and if it breaks you can actually buy Parts to fix it. unlike our mysterious starquest rears they you can get parts for.

How many rears have you broken? Breaking rears is rare here. Axels sure but we already have a solution for that. As for all the other stuff D2 or custom coil overs and you can make a way better setup with less work and for less money then a viper rear (unless you got some sick deal on wrecked one)

yes ^ for the price of DSS axles you could be done holding tons of power. If drag racing is your thing, then go 9". No point in keeping independent rear if you just want to go straight.

or look into mustang IRS setups. They can be had for $500-$800, very strong.

Edited by Convette

yes ^ for the price of DSS axles you could be done holding tons of power. If drag racing is your thing, then go 9". No point in keeping independent rear if you just want to go straight.

or look into mustang IRS setups. They can be had for $500-$800, very strong.

Are the DSS axles purely a custom setup? Or do they have "the blueprints" to just make up a set? I can't find a listing for our cars.

Are the DSS axles purely a custom setup? Or do they have "the blueprints" to just make up a set? I can't find a listing for our cars.

I'm going to guess they just turn out a set when you need them. Not that many of us need them... yet.

The thing is, even if you do a viper swap, you still need to have custom axles made... mad $$. I'm sure if you call them they will have a file on what you need. Or you just mail yours to them.

The thing is, even if you do a viper swap, you still need to have custom axles made... mad $$. I'm sure if you call them they will have a file on what you need. Or you just mail yours to them.

Pretty much right. You have to have a driveshaft built too. I know there are shops in or close to Charlotte that builds custom axles and driveshafts. So, I'm sure you can't get them for what paid for them, through his job.

Your still looking at over a G just for axles and driveshaft, let alone the diff itself.

Wow I would guess a G just in axles and easy 500 for a decent driveshaft. Or is that just modding the stock one?

Wow I would guess a G just in axles and easy 500 for a decent driveshaft. Or is that just modding the stock one?

last I heard axles were around 1k. My driveshaft was around $450 with a custom adapter that allows 1350s from and rear. There was a dude on here that had 1350 yokes for sale a while back, def a better option than running an adapter.

last I heard axles were around 1k. My driveshaft was around $450 with a custom adapter that allows 1350s from and rear. There was a dude on here that had 1350 yokes for sale a while back, def a better option than running an adapter.

So I'm guessing right. and that 450 was thinking a custom driveshaft not an adapter.

I have d2 coilovers and I haven broke another rear, Yet. I would like to do the swap for the cool factor for one and keeping IRS is what im going to do. Im not worried about the cost at this point lol. But Im sure the drive shaft shop can make some customs axles for it. A new driveshaft is no big deal, they will probly just mod mine again and put whatever joint is needed to fit the viper rear.