MOPAR POWERED

#22 jmswltn

jmswltn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

any updates on stopping ability and daily driving?

#23 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

I'll be updating this in a few days. As of tonight I should have it out on the road if everything goes well. My initial feelings on the setup is that it works very well and I have no complaints. But that was a very short 6 block drive so wait until I get a few miles on it.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#24 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, Brewing beer and Land Rovers.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

Any updates on performance?
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon and awaiting head gaskets)
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#25 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Is this the factory proportioning valve?

Posted Image
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=

#26 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,663 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:32 AM

Yes I believe it is.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#27 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

It's usually in the rear of the vehicle right?  That's why I asked.
Canterbury, CT

#28 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

I thought I had posted my impressions of it in here but apparently I didn't. Sorry about that, here is what I wrote about it in my build thread.

The manual brake conversion is nice and normal driving its awesome. I have not felt like it took too much effort to stop the car and I don't regret switching in the least. A small caveat though, I don't know what the car is like in an emergency stopping situation yet and that is something I definitely need to test. I also think that at some point I may adjust the pedal ratio when I tear the dash out of the car. Not because I feel its a necessity but because I understand that I am using the stock ratio (4/1) that was intended for power brakes and it would make me feel better to know I have it closer to what it would normally be engineered to be (7/1). More info on that later.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

#29 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

I've just ordered all the stuff I need to redo my manual brakes in a way that I'm happy with. So I'll be updating this when I finish in a few days. I just wasn't happy with the cleanliness and aesthetics of how I installed this. Also I'll be adding a hydraulic e-brake setup.

Edited by speedyquest, 12 July 2016 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

#30 jmswltn

jmswltn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

View Postspeedyquest, on 12 July 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

I'll be adding a hydraulic e-brake setup.

Looking forward to seeing how you put this together. What are you doing to change the ratio?

#31 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:26 AM

@jmswltn: The pedal ratio?  I am just drilling a new hole location for the pedal "arm" to make it closer to the 7/1 ratio manual brake cars typically come with as opposed to our 4/1.

Posted Image

#32 jmswltn

jmswltn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

I was more referring to the front to back bias with the ebrake installed

#33 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Oh I see. I have a Wildwood proportional valve between the front and rear brakes. Ill post pictures tomorrow so you can see it.

Posted Image

#34 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Wrenching, Gaming, cars

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

you forgot to update this man
- The Demon
89 Black Conquest TSI SHP 5-speed - Restoration
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#35 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

Ugh, yea I'll do that.

Posted Image

#36 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

Here are two pictures of how the system ended up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

So, how much torque does it take to activate the e brake? :D
Run's with scizzor's

#38 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Haha ohhhh id sayyyy 100 or so?!

Posted Image

#39 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Wrenching, Gaming, cars

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostBradrock, on 05 November 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

So, how much torque does it take to activate the e brake? :D
you beat me to it... i saw that and thought that aint no handle bar... thats the bottom of a torque wrench :D :D

i like your setup, it looks super clean and minimalistic... i dont plan on running a hydro e-brake yet though so would i just route it to the factory splitter valve? and what did you do to your pedal for this?
- The Demon
89 Black Conquest TSI SHP 5-speed - Restoration
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#40 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

It's good to know that the manual brakes seem fine for stopping power. If I go that route, I think I might feel safer with a dual bowl master cylinder for daily driver. I've experienced the fun and excitement of a burst brake line before. :D
Run's with scizzor's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users