4 replies to this topic

#1 440Quest

440Quest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Posted Image

Not sure where this came from but I have one 10 inch factory style wheel. Was the rim used on another import?

#2 pcristquester

pcristquester

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, Starquests and other unique cars. IPA and IIPA
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

I think that's actually the rear shp measurement. I remember when I got mine polished for some reason comparing them to some corvette rims they had laying out and 10" stuck in my memory. It was a long time ago, though
Posted Image

#3 Dred_85.5_TSI

Dred_85.5_TSI

Flatty Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts
  • Interests:I have an announcement to make, "Turbo........ That is all".
  • Model:Starion

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

measure that from the inside of one bead to the inside of the other bead. It should be 9"
Posted Image   1984 Starion ES: Currently running 15psi, Stock block (ARP main and head studs rod bolts, Clevite bearings) BSEK, M28 NJV head with mechanical valve train gasket matched on intake and exhaust, Treadstone exhaust manifold and Holset HX35w with BEP turbine housing, MK1 3" stainless exhaust, Old skool HKS super BOV, 3" GM MAF with MAFT, Artinist's old 4" core intercooler, custom Aluminium hard pipes, S13/SR20 Aluminium radiator w/clutch fan, Innovate LC-1 wide band O2, `83 crank pulley with A/C removed.
   `88 5 speed trans with Stedbani short shifter, Stedbani poly trans mount and engine mounts, drilled and slotted rotors, Joly roger stainless steel braided lines(brake, clutch, oil cooler, and ABS delete).
   KYB GR2, Artinist sleeve coil-overs, MK1 poly bushings, Energy Suspension poly end links, MK1 Adjustable tension rods, Cusco front camber plates, Artinist slotted rear camber plated.

ABS, A/C, Cruise control.. deleted, Right hand drive E-brake handle.

... more to come
Feedback thread #1
Feedback thread #2I'm PayPal Verified

#4 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostDred_85.5_TSI, on 04 March 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

measure that from the inside of one bead to the inside of the other bead. It should be 9"

^^^^This^^^^

I have seen folks make this same mistake for years. We had a guy a few years back swearing he had the only set of SHP wheels in the world that weren't marked with SHP stampings. Lol. Look at the back of the spokes. One should say 16x9 on it.

BC

Edited by BC_99, 04 March 2016 - 12:10 PM.

Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Leonard Catanzaro

Leonard Catanzaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Now addicted to BOOST! cars my kids, and wife! Forced to learn about the legal system due to a wonderful X

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

Wheel rims are measured from the INSIDE of the lip, side to side. The measurement is what the tires ACTUALLY touch / mount to. Actual rim width is always 1 inch larger on the outside. There is an extra half inch per side. It the reason 0 offset wheels backspacing is half inch off. Hope this helps.
The extra width shouldn't affect anything since the tire width sidewall to sidewall is greater......except when you stretch narrow tires.

Edited by Leonard Catanzaro, 23 August 2016 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users