Crazy idea...raffle off my 4g64 car! Opinions please...

Pr4mnceMan

OK I had an idea I wanted to share with you guys and get some feedback. I was thinking about raffling off my car. The jist of it is I would make "150" $100 tickets. You can buy as many as you like till the 150 is met. Once 150 are gone we'll have a drawing. I'd like to keep this raffle open to board members only here (so we could keep a list going of forum names), but there has to be enough interest to do so. So lets here your opinions/ideas! Edited by Pr4mnceMan

OK I had an idea I wanted to share with you guys and get some feedback. I was thinking about raffling off my car. The jist of it is I would make "150" $100 tickets. You can buy as many as you like till the 150 is met. Once 150 are gone we'll have a drawing. I'd like to keep this raffle open to board members only here, but there has to be enough interest to do so. So lets here your opinions/ideas!

I would buy one or two tickets :-P

which car is this and is it worth 15k?

I've got $32k invested.

As far as handling it, I was thinking having a moderator doing the drawing/collecting money and handling the tickets so I'm not affiliated with it until the actual drawing.

You may want to check into the legality of a raffle by anyone other than a non-profit org. Here is a link from another forum and their view on it:

http://tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6519

jimmy

I'd love a shot at winning that car though....I'll trade you 3 quests for it..you can't beat a 3 for 1 deal :unsure:

id think about it. Id like to see the car and know the deal is legit. I would also check into the legality of it. The winner would more then likely be taxed on it. There maybe a real issue when you sign over the title on the value etc. Is it legal to refel accross state lines? etc. etc etc. Edited by jszucs

i'd buy a ticket. i think this is a great idea. i've done this in the past on a 67 427 4 speed show condition vette, man i was hoping to win that one :kowtow: . set up an account to wire in the $and let Jimmy pull the winning ticket ;)

I couldn't pull the ticket Harry...it would be a conflict of interest considering my ticket would be in there also......................................never mind, I'll "draw" the winning ticket :eek1bluegreen:

Thats why I'm looking for opinions. I have the car, I need the cash, I've got it listed @ 12.5K but currently no one is going to be able to come up with all of it for a toy. I'm as honest as they come and I've met the majority of the "active" members numerous times so I would think they would trust me no questions asked. I'm a firm believer in Karma, but for those that haven't met me I can understand you have no reason to trust me. I have no use for the car, need the money, have no reason nor care nor want to rig anything, thats why I'd like to offer this as a closed deal to board members only. For this one small raffle I'm not worried about the legality of it. I have the open title in my name and as far as I'm concerned you didn't win the car, you purchased the car. I will still be around here, its not about the cars with me, I've met a lot of great friends that I feel I could count on for anything anytime. Can't say that for many other forums I've been on, the ones in the past have vanished and thats why I'm no longer parts of them. If we choose to do this, the raffle and drawer will have to be agreed upon. I'm as serious as can be about this. Anyone is welcome to come by and see the car.

If this doesn't go down I will be toning the car down and keeping it. I really really don't want to do this. If I still have this car come Christmas time it will be a 300whp car, not a 488whp car. Maybe less. Will be putting stock cams and a 16g on it, I have no desire to race until I get some goals I have set tackled!

Edited by Pr4mnceMan

I think the legality is in question. I wanted my GF to do this with her house ;)

If it's ok I say go for it. Could be ryddler in a bind if it's not kosher with the law.

Definitely don't want to do that! If it did happen I wanted to donate $500 towards the forum also.

It's definitely not legal to do this publicly, but if it was done among "friends" it might be OK...

I think you might have a harder time selling 150 tickets than you think. We're notoriously cheap here and considering the economy right now I think you'd be luck to sell 50.

I think you might have a harder time selling 150 tickets than you think. We're notoriously cheap here and considering the economy right now I think you'd be luck to sell 50.

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling you're going to start seeing a lot of stuff getting sold for cheap due to the financial crunch, e.g., when's the last time you saw (4) 83 hoods for sale on here at the same time?

Hold on to it if you can, Brandon. That car has too much of your blood, sweat and tears in it.

Ken B.