#21 JessN16

JessN16

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

Stevenson City Park. We're there now. Do you have my phone #?

Jess
Current denizens of the garage:
'88 Conquest TSi
'10 Jaguar XF Premium Portfolio
'89 Jaguar XJS V12
'87 Jaguar XJ6
---
In the rearview mirror:
'87 Starion (black), '88 Conquest TSi (black), '88 Conquest TSi (Durban), '88 Jaguar XJS V12, '76 Jaguar XJ12L, '88 Jaguar XJ6 VDP, '99 Jaguar XJ8, '98 Jaguar XK8, '03 Jaguar S-Type, '85 Jaguar XJ6 '88 Galant Sigma, '90 Ford Taurus SHO, '75 Bricklin SV-1, '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

SQCBannerSig2

#22 stvblk1

stvblk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

No - we are 1/2 mile out

#23 87quest-TSI

87quest-TSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Interests:Trying to keep it running....... Always something to do on them.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

Made it home.
Thanks for putting together a great meet.

David
1996 Dodge Ram 4x4 club cab.
1989 Conquest TSI Sophia White, sunroof, has A Modified Magna MPI intake by me, MegaSquirt 2 with a 3.57 board running 2.1.0 code and EDIS.
1988 Conquest TSI Silver, sunroof , caravan intake and a KDM exhaust.
1988 Conquest TSI Sophia White, auto, parts car.
1987 Conquest TSI Shetland Beige Metallic (S83), in hibernation.
1971 JEEP CJ5

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 stvblk1

stvblk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Jess and Melinda
Susan and I would like thank you guys for
the great meet you hosted. Thanks for all your planning.It was also great to see everyone again.
I apologize  for not seeing everyone this morning, but Susan was not feeling well.
I will not drive my car again, without heat or ac. I liked to have never got warm.
Thank again for everything. Steve

#25 JessN16

JessN16

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:16 AM

Update about the 2018 Mountain Lakes Drive FALL schedule...

As a result of what turned out to be a unanimous vote of the people who attended the meet in April, the Mountain Lakes Drive will be moving back to its roots as a fall colors drive -- and rather than wait 18 months to have the next one, we're going to run this again in October. Most likely, we'll be returning to the area Oct. 19-21. So if you couldn't come this weekend, you get a second chance to make this before the end of the year.

I'm going to be calling around soon to get hotel rates confirmed and whatnot, but I would expect we'll return to Guntersville to the hotel we used this time, the Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville. I don't know what kind of rates we'll get, though, and that might push us somewhere else. I did a cursory check of Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge tonight, and room rates were higher than for this past weekend; I looked into the Wyndham's site, and rates were lower than we paid for our group rate, but only 4 rooms remained. If we can't get the Wyndham again, we'll probably go back to Scottsboro.

The schedule would be mostly the same -- rates locked in for Thursday through Sunday, drive on Saturday, group dinner Saturday night. However, we may end up expanding the second half of the drive to encompass Little River Canyon National Preserve over in Fort Payne. We'd likely tack it onto the end of the Lakes Loop, since we had a bunch of spare time this year between that loop and dinner. I'll figure out a way to make it work.

We ended up with 14 people and 6 StarQuests and everyone who came has committed to come back. We hope to add a bunch of new faces, too. This is a rather unique meet for the StarQuest community based on what the event is: a true driving meet, with good roads and great scenery. The coolest thing of all, to me, is going through the Paint Rock River Origin Watershed and seeing a river actually start from nothing and become an actual river over the span of 15 miles.

Even if you live far outside the area, please consider coming down. Southeast Tennessee and northeast Alabama are some of the prettiest lands our country has to offer, and we always find a way to have a good time -- because the people who come make it so.

Jess
'88 Conquest TSi
'89 Jaguar XJS V12
'87 Jaguar XJ6
---
In the rearview mirror:
'87 Starion (black), '88 Conquest TSi (black), '88 Conquest TSi (Durban), '88 Jaguar XJS V12, '76 Jaguar XJ12L, '88 Jaguar XJ6 VDP, '99 Jaguar XJ8, '98 Jaguar XK8, '03 Jaguar S-Type, '85 Jaguar XJ6 '88 Galant Sigma, '90 Ford Taurus SHO, '75 Bricklin SV-1, '97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

SQCBannerSig2

#26 JessN16

JessN16

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

View Poststvblk1, on 08 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Jess and Melinda
Susan and I would like thank you guys for
the great meet you hosted. Thanks for all your planning.It was also great to see everyone again.
I apologize  for not seeing everyone this morning, but Susan was not feeling well.
I will not drive my car again, without heat or ac. I liked to have never got warm.
Thank again for everything. Steve

Thanks Steve. You've got until October to get a new valve. (g) Thanks for coming and we'll see you later this year!

Jess

Thank
'88 Conquest TSi
'89 Jaguar XJS V12
'87 Jaguar XJ6
---
In the rearview mirror:

SQCBannerSig2

#27 Josh '88

Josh '88

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:40 PM

My wife and I had a great time, looking forward to the fall meet.
Posted Image

Blue 88, 108k, stock
Red 88, 161k, 207hp/292tq, 14G@18PSI
Blue 88 MPI, 186k, 306hp/412tq (old turbo setup)

My pics of SQC Meets, CLICK HERE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users