#1 chassispuke

chassispuke

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:09 PM

this morning started up the car did my usual routine, got in put my seatbelt on and pressed the overdrive button to disengage it and nothing no light on dash . car still shifts fine through all gears but cant get it out of overdrive mode. i swapped the o.d. relay with two spares i have and same result. u can hear a click under the car when i hit the button but thats it. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanx

#2 movin on

movin on

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:33 AM

Maybe not what you are looking for, but you can hardwire the OD switch if you don't mind pushing the button often.

#3 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:helicopters
    harley's
    quest's

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

To turn off the OD the switch sends power to the solenoid on the side of the transmission. With the switch in the off position, check for power at the plug. If none, check fuse, # 14 I think.

#4 chassispuke

chassispuke

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Will check soon.

#5 bender 702

bender 702

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:restoring and driving vintage cars, good food, workouts and friends

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Have the same problem and my light goes on and off! lol   I have checked everything too..  You understand that the constant OD is the state where there is no power.  So if we hear the "click" then maybe the pintle is stuck inside where the solenoid is and not wanting to release back ( that is what was told to me at the trans place)..  I  asked them if it was possible that the OD band was too tight and they just shrugged their shoulders.  Time to take it somewhere else I think...  Please PM me if you found the answer! ^_^

#6 Skullzaflare

Skullzaflare

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hotrods, ratrods

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

View Postbender 702, on 23 January 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

Have the same problem and my light goes on and off! lol   I have checked everything too..  You understand that the constant OD is the state where there is no power.  So if we hear the "click" then maybe the pintle is stuck inside where the solenoid is and not wanting to release back ( that is what was told to me at the trans place)..  I  asked them if it was possible that the OD band was too tight and they just shrugged their shoulders.  Time to take it somewhere else I think...  Please PM me if you found the answer! ^_^
My last trans clicked, and light worked, but would always be in OD. I have read there are 2 seals on it, and if a seal goes bad, fluid just goes around it and OD stays on
Spark plug elimination kit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users