• 2,019 posts
  • Interests:1978 Plymouth Arrow
    1974 Dodge Colt
    1990 F45 Tow Rig
    2011 Honda CR-Z
  • Model:Other

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

I pulled g52b out of the colt. It had a leaking rear freeze plug.Posted Image
I got the other g52b all rebuilt. I used a caravan intake manifold i scored for like 60 bux on ebay, put the carb on that the car came with, and popped in a points style distributor. All top notch parts :lol:
Posted Image
After pulling out the engine, I figured now is a good time to replace the clutch, for insurance.
Posted Image
I had South Bend Clutch https://www.southbendclutch.com/ make me a new beefed up disk with a hub from an eclipse and a 8.5" friction surface. I went full face copper on the flywheel side and composite on the pressure plate side. The pressure plate was rebuilt to 1070lbs with a new friction surface.
After getting that all buttoned up, I slid the new motor in.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also, I only had one working brake. So I replaced the master cylinder and fully bled the system out. There was some nasty stuff that came out of those lines. The rear reservoir of the master cylinder had like a muddy goo in it. I believe that was due to not having an o-ring on the cap. But, now shes got fully functioning brakes. Now I'm getting the wiring finished (the lights are being weird), I'm adding some relays, redoing some janky wiring, adding a switch panel and installing some gauges. I hope to go race at Gingerman on May 16th for tracknight in America.
-Jay

#222 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
    1974 Dodge Colt
    1990 F45 Tow Rig
    2011 Honda CR-Z

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

The 1974 Dodge Colt made its debut run at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Mi. The event was called Tracknight in America, presented by tirerack.com, koni shocks and hagerty insurance. It’s an SCCA sanctioned event. I ran in the novice group, having never driven on a track before. It was a fun experience. The car was pretty sketchy. The brakes were good for the first two rounds (dry), but the last two rounds (wet), they were on or off, no in between. The new southbend clutch performed excellent. The motor, the beat tail old 2.0L I swapped in the morning of, worked great. The old carburetor was a little rich, but not horrible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And, a run on the wet track.
https://youtu.be/5WG-dgIQQM4
https://youtu.be/5WG-dgIQQM4

I wound up getting it on the dyno on Sunday
Posted Image
-Jay

#223 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

Damn that's power!
you had fun and that's all that matters!

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#224 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:02 PM

Such a cool little car!!!
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#225 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
    1974 Dodge Colt
    1990 F45 Tow Rig
    2011 Honda CR-Z

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

This is a comparison of sway bar vs no sway bar.
I have Hoosier tires on, dropped the front 1.75" and all new steering and shocks, and installed front camber plates.
I'm at 1/4" total toe in, and ~-2 degree front camber.
Also, I need to remake it because I just noticed I didn't register racerender, so it chopped my imported video.. doh!

Edited by button, 26 June 2019 - 12:03 PM.

-Jay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users