Removing the cigarette lighter

tux

Anyone know how to remove it easily?

I want to avoid breaking anything and removing things that i don't need to 

FSM isn't terribly helpful for this.

I'm not going to use the lighter and I'd like to replace it with a button.

I just reached up underneath and unplugged it. Then the nut came right off. I may have had the radio bezel out though, it's been years. Replaced mine with an aftermarket socket because I had 12V plugs that didn't work well with it. Putting in a USB plug is a GREAT idea! Why didn't I think of that ... 

Yeah, USB is definitely a good idea.  I'm thinking to put a button there for my air cups.  That or get Bluetooth controlled relays and use an app on my phone or headunit to activate.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:41 PM, tux said:

That or get Bluetooth controlled relays and use an app on my phone or headunit to activate.

Easy there fancy boy! :D Air cups and BT control? Sounds pretty freaking cool to me. Stand outside at the show and make her dance ;)

On 5/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, tux said:

air cups are cheaper than a new driveway apron!  my suv scrapes coming into the driveway!

Ouch, I'm surprised it can even get in there with air cups! I just put $20k into fixing my my driveway so I feel your pain. 

I do have a dash out sitting in rafter of my garage, I could take a pic feom back and text or email it to you