forged pistons

questme87

Flat tops Sounds like alot of compression for a turbo motor, someone on here did that, i wonder what the outcome was. Has your block been bored before? You wanna go the least oversize possible so that you can have room to rebore in case of catastrophic failure. The gain by goin of goin oversize for no reason is little to none and higher in machining costs.

Here's the 4x4wire consensus on 8.7:1 flat top pistons, as in the ones that come stock in the n/a truck motors. Plenty of people have tried to bolt on the turbo intake/exaust manifolts onto their truck blocks and go. The fuel map is slightly off. It will run, but it will detonate. One guy went as far as to build a hybrid distributor using the truck timing spring to compensate for the detonation. It helped but at certain speeds on downhill it still detonated.

Unless your using premium or racing fuel AND a standalone ecu to control spark timing... it won't work. (The distributor just doesnt have the advance to work with that setup so I'm willing to bet maft cant even save you. It will help with adjusting the fuel map but not timjng advance)

If your on a budget, DONT do it. Its been tried. More compression isn't usually a good thing for turbo cars.

Flat tops Sounds like alot of compression for a turbo motor, someone on here did that, i wonder what the outcome was. Has your block been bored before? You wanna go the least oversize possible so that you can have room to rebore in case of catastrophic failure. The gain by goin of goin oversize for no reason is little to none and higher in machining costs.

depends on the chamber but Joe and I love ours.

Wiseco flattops from Randy @ www.Enginemachineservice.com

If you dont have ignition control, forget about it. Stock curve is too gnarly. Go full-on EDB, a programmable 6AL2, or even an old MSD BTM.

Edited by Funky Phil