Ernie88TSi

Guys, please note that in your profile, it says:

"Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 90 pixels, the height no greater than 90 pixels, and the file size no more than 20 KB."

If you're using an image larger than that, it throws the whole board off... Making it so everyone has to scroll left to right just to read a single line. There is already a sticky about this topic at the top of this forum, but I'm bringing it up again as I've had to modify quite a few profiles as of late. Thanks

Guys, please note that in your profile, it says:

"Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 90 pixels, the height no greater than 90 pixels, and the file size no more than 20 KB."

If you're using an image larger than that, it throws the whole board off... Making it so everyone has to scroll left to right just to read a single line. There is already a sticky about this topic at the top of this forum, but I'm bringing it up again as I've had to modify quite a few profiles as of late. Thanks

are you referring to avatars or the sig pics?

I think you are referring to the pics we use in our signatures....I havnt seen an avatar that has caused me to scroll. :wink:

I noticed that you removed mine, and I'm sorry for having it against rules in the first place. Didn't know that it would be too big. I did put it in my sig, though. I hope this is ok.

Melena

That's fine menamc78. No problems with it being in your sig. The only time I mess with images in a sig or avatar is if it's a) against SQC TOS, or B) disrupts the viewing of the site @ 1024. If you run a higher resolution, you'd probably never notice the problem. 1024 is pretty much the standard on the 'net anymore. The only people that use 800x600 is older folks like Shelby. ;) hehe

• 2 weeks later...
That's fine menamc78. No problems with it being in your sig. The only time I mess with images in a sig or avatar is if it's a) against SQC TOS, or B) disrupts the viewing of the site @ 1024. If you run a higher resolution, you'd probably never notice the problem. 1024 is pretty much the standard on the 'net anymore. The only people that use 800x600 is older folks like Shelby. ;) hehe

I, like some of the "older folks" (ok, maybe I qualify too) use 800 x 600 but I tried 1024 and still had to scroll-->right regularly. Rarely, did this happen on the old site.

Oh, otherwise it's fantastic 8)

Extemely long links won't linewrap, so they'll cause the site to be wider as well. If you look back at 90% of the wide posts, it'll be because of a wide link or some other form of nonbroken text.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was never even able to upload or select an avatar if it was so much as 91x90 pixels. How were others able to use bigger ones?

You'd be proud...I went through and converted all my avatars to 90x90 pixels just for this reason. Seems mine hasn't been working on the new site yet. It'll take time probably.

i want to post a pic of my car in the sig.. section and i cannot....

i tried but it keeps saying invalid and wont work...

how do i do it?

If it is saved on your pc, you should be able to browse and use it. If you want, just send me the pic at jainsworthster@gmail.com and I'll add it for you.

Jimmy

I was never even able to upload or select an avatar if it was so much as 91x90 pixels. How were others able to use bigger ones?

You'd be proud...I went through and converted all my avatars to 90x90 pixels just for this reason. Seems mine hasn't been working on the new site yet. It'll take time probably.

Your avatar is an invalid link right now.

Jimmy

• 11 months later...