39 replies to this topic

#21 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Thanks guys.  The weather is getting more Fall like (not in Hurricane paths myself), and I'm ready to start daily driving the Starion again.  I'm really lucky my wife allowed me to have 3 vehicles LOL, but having to move two to get the Starion out of the garage is annoying, so I've put my 3000GT up for sale.  I have zero emotional attachment to the 3000GT, but jeez I put so much work into the Starion I did let the lowballs get to me.
I'm looking forward to blowing the doors off Honda ricers with the Starion again.  The 3000GT SL(ow) does not have a win in the street wars.  The Starion only has 1 loss to a modified 370Z that took off like a damn GTR.  The Tesla still remains undefeated :wub:
Posted Image
1988 Chrysler Conquest Tsi (sold)____1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (sold)
1987 Mitsubishi Starion (sold)_______ 1986 Mitsubishi Starion LS Swap (For Sale)
2015 Subaru WRX (sold)___________ 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71 (For Sale)
2005 Subaru Baja Turbo (sold)______  2000 Chevy Silverado Shortwide (DD)

#22 RWDAddict

RWDAddict

Super happy, crazy, fun time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers, audiophile, movies, cooking, scotches, and hanging with friends

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Is thi

View PostEricSQ, on 08 September 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

Thanks guys.  The weather is getting more Fall like (not in Hurricane paths myself), and I'm ready to start daily driving the Starion again.  I'm really lucky my wife allowed me to have 3 vehicles LOL, but having to move two to get the Starion out of the garage is annoying, so I've put my 3000GT up for sale.  I have zero emotional attachment to the 3000GT, but jeez I put so much work into the Starion I did let the lowballs get to me.
I'm looking forward to blowing the doors off Honda ricers with the Starion again.  The 3000GT SL(ow) does not have a win in the street wars.  The Starion only has 1 loss to a modified 370Z that took off like a damn GTR.  The Tesla still remains undefeated :wub:

Is this still available?

#23 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

OK.

I'm now considering parting out the car and selling it as a running driving rolling LS swapped car.
Any part's on the car that don't effect drive-ability will be considered for sale.
Things like nice refurbished seats, Starion tails, emblems, grills, door panels, A-pillars, console, wheels (I'll sell with steel rollers), bumpers, etc...
Shoot me an offer through PM.  If I receive enough interest at reasonable prices I may begin to go that route so I can sell the running car at a lower price point.

Thanks,
Posted Image
1987 Mitsubishi Starion (sold)_______ 1986 Mitsubishi Starion LS Swap (For Sale)

#24 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Dude, the car is worth $5500....Just keep it trying to sell as it is...You still havent put it on EBAY...That will give you a much larger audience..

Just dont start stripping panels and interior parts...Someone somwhere is willing to pay $5500 for it....

#25 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

I kinda agree, you totally destroy its value by removing parts.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#26 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 15 September 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I kinda agree, you totally destroy its value by removing parts.
It's not like the parts I added increased its value any judging by the offers I've received.  I'm not upset about it, I'm just going in a different direction car wise.  I've even considered selling off the LS parts and going with a Tesla rear and all electric, but the cost on that may be too big for me to swing.
I probably should list it on eBay before I start parting it. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.  This car has been a fun project and I really enjoy driving it, but it will take the next buyer to bring it to the next level.  If this car was a stock banana with auto trans like my original, I might have more passion for it.  It's my 3rd personal car now and something inside me just wants to get a short-wide Chevy truck.  I even just traded my 3000GT for a V8 Firebird in hopes of trading the bird for a truck.
Posted Image

#27 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Take great pictures, and have a long description ready....It will get attention...

Go the ebay route first...Before selling anything off the car...No one will want it with no interior and missing body panels everywhere...

#28 Xtreme Industries

Xtreme Industries

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

fix the little issues and you will probably see more interest. a car without a working speedo is of no use to some people that need to have it inspected prior to using.
2010 Camaro RS - long tube headers, intake isolator, injen intake, ported throtle body, eibach lowering springs, eibach sway bars, pypes cat back exhaust, rx catch can, transformers decals.
1987 Conquest TSI, 5 spd, B71- 3" *DM Exhaust, Hooker ACM, Hood Struts, Taylor wires, silicone vac lines, fidanza, ACT Extreme, MK1 hard pipes, mbc (13psi), MK1 Shifter, MK1 steering wheel, silicone rad hoses, shp wheels - RIP
1991 BMW 318i - RIP

#29 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

I got to drive it to work Monday and then washed it on the way home.  Cleaned the windows, seats, dash and engine bay.  Didn't break out the vacuum for the carpets so planned to do it Tuesday.  Left it outside overnight and.......it got rained on.
Found out I'll be out of town for work Sept 24-29, so probably for the best that I didn't list it on the bay.
I get to go the the upper peninsula of Michigan and do cold room testing on a Ford F750.  Fun Fun.
Posted Image

#30 sherloc123

sherloc123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

Wow there is so much want. Trying to off my ls swapped fox and if it sells soon I will be in touch

#31 vbrad511

vbrad511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

I'm not looking to buy, just a question. No AC, but is there realistic room for the compressor and condenser? Once I get my Acura situation figured out (and get back to steady work) I'll be kicking the idea around of MPI, or swap, but there's GOT to be AC on the finished product.

#32 Roush

Roush

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

Honestly if it were in FL I'd probably consider taking it off your hands
15' Ford Edge Sport TT
14' ZX14R Turbo

Posted Image

#33 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

Looking at the AC compressor location on my trucks it seems like I might actually have the room to install it on the Starion.  The weather has turned cooler so I'm ready to put the car back into DD status.  
Not a rush to sell.  I bought the 2000 Chevy Short-Wide I was wanting, so all I need to really do is sell my Extended Cab truck.
The Starion is still available if anyone wants it and it's listed on Cars.com (at $7,500), but not in any rush to unload it.
Posted Image

#34 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Would also like to see pictures, what was done to the trans tunnel?  You should throw in a GPS Speedometer, that's a quick easy fix to that issue.

#35 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

View Postgst4g64, on 10 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Would also like to see pictures, what was done to the trans tunnel?  You should throw in a GPS Speedometer, that's a quick easy fix to that issue.
I use a phone APP when my wife rides with me, but otherwise I just drive with the flow of traffic.  Adding in a full time GPS speedo is a nice alternative though.  I'll check eBay and see what I can find.
The Fall weather is here so I've been daily driving the car this week.  So many thumbs up and jaws dropped. :D   It's a fun car and really turns heads.
Posted Image

#36 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

AEM makes a nice 52mm one for about $150 or you can get a cheap one for like $10.  Even the cheap one I think would be nicer to have as a dedicated gauge than having to use an app on your phone.  I hope you keep the car and enjoy it or hold out for your price.

#37 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Heading back out to the car meet tonight.  This pic is from last week.  I always find a spot by the Grand National.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 AM

I placed it on eBay with reserve set at $5,500.  We'll see what happens.
https://www.ebay.com...~1Z5uU7&vxp=mtr
Posted Image

#39 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted Today, 10:13 AM

Car looks amazing in that picture.  I'll be surprised if you don't hit your reserve

#40 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted Today, 10:15 AM

Just looked at all the ebay pictures, I think its the black wheels that made me fall in love with this car more, I may be a little bias though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: starion, ls swap, trade, esi-r

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users