89 Conquest in Birmingham Pullapart

Greetings all...

There is a 1989 Conquest in the pullapart yard on row 413.. 5 speed car. 6 bolt axles, driveline is still there(minus driveshaft :D ). Has taillights(good for driver purposes). No header panel, no ECU, has the 88-89 style seats. Decent black interior...basically some good parts left. At the rate they are moving cars, you may have a little over a month left. Hope this helps someone...

thealchemist12(milt)

Sounds like a good source for local members. Do you know why it was there? Wreck? Bad engine?

no idea of why it was there. No major body damage. My guess would be something possibly engine related, however since I was not after the engine I did not do the investigative work! :unsure:

thealchemist12(milt)

Just checked their website, they offer some decent prices- and they are the same no matter what it comes from: Cadillac the same as Yugo LOL.

http://www.pullapart.com/parts/pricing.aspx?letter=E&loc=5pricelist

The 89 Conquest shows up on their inventory as arriving 6/15/13. I priced out some interior parts (rounded prices up):

Complete dash: $66

Bucket seats $25 each

Rear seat: $11/section (2 sections? Could be 4 if they count upper & lower)

Door panel: $19 each

Carpet large: $13 (possibly 2 if they count the hatch area as another)

Headliner: $14

Console large: $16

Entry fee: $2

Totals $221

Interior panels are $6~13 depending on size.

They sell engine blocks w/ heads for $120 + $45 core. Manual trans is $74 + $25 core. It says in the rules no jacks in the lot, so do they pull the engines and have them out? They do not have locations in my area, we have something similar called Pick A Part.

Checked other site inventory, and Lafayette LA has an 87 Conquest that arrived in July 2013. They consider the Starion different, and they had none listed.

I guess now we know what happens to some of the cars that don't sell here. Seems like a shame if a rust free shell were to get crushed, but I'm sure they don't sell the cars.