No detectable bootable drives

Fanta

Alright, I gotta fiddle around with the jumper settings some more but last night, I discovered my mobo only have one IDE cable... both my HD and cd-rom drive are IDE

anyways, couldn't get any of them to work by changing jumper settings at all - mostly tried the cd-rom drive over the HD, but even the HD I tried.

It's an EVGA NVidia 780i FTW.

Is there something that I need to enable in the BIOS? I also went into the boot priority options and put CDROM as 1st and HD as 2nd.

yeah, theres a setting in the BIOS, my 680i did the same thing.

Go to integrated periphials, IDE function setup, then make sure everything is enabled, and everything is on auto.

make sure RAID is off, and make sure SATA is on as well, because i believe it uses the same controller.

Mine when I got it had the IDE and SATA disabled, and that scerwed everything up. Also, make sure your boot devices are chosen and in the order you want them. Stock, mine was only 3-1/2 floppy or something stupid like that.

Now, mine at least goes-

1-removable

2-CDROM

3-HD

4-floppy

if that isnt it, call evga, its free, and they help a lot. thats how I even found these things.

Edited by strang3majik

eh, turns out it was just a bad IDE cable <_< I forgot to check that

see...blaming the mobo...lol

good to know it was something stupid. And, your IDE cable has a master and slave plug on it right? you should still be able to hook them up. Ive even heard of people taking two, and making one big one...not sure how they went about that though.