#41 autotr8er2

autotr8er2

Out of my Cotton Pickin' Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

I would recommend something, for sure.  Good details there, I wouldn't mask them up with a bedliner type surface, but your shop has some good recommendations as well.

Edited by autotr8er2, 09 July 2015 - 04:15 PM.

Does anybody offer Lay-away anymore?

#42 autotr8er2

autotr8er2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

Looks incredible!

#43 Jack86

Jack86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'm excited to see the rest of the build.

#44 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

I'm curious, will it be hard to get a driveshaft into its place with that flat bar running just in front of the torque tubes flange? I guess maybe you should fish the end in next to the torque tube and then back it up into the transmission if there was room. Its just hard to tell from the pictures.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#45 Xtreme Industries

Xtreme Industries

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

I would definitely coat the underside, if this is not a daily and you plan to keep it clean, I would paint the inderside the same as the car. should keep rust at bay and would look awesome and show really nice. if you plan on just running this hard and not worrying too much about "show quality", then a durable bed liner spray will work wonders. I believe you can get the bed liner in a tinted color so it might be a nice accent to the car when finished.
2010 Camaro RS - long tube headers, intake isolator, injen intake, ported throtle body, eibach lowering springs, eibach sway bars, pypes cat back exhaust, rx catch can, transformers decals.
1987 Conquest TSI, 5 spd, B71- 3" *DM Exhaust, Hooker ACM, Hood Struts, Taylor wires, silicone vac lines, fidanza, ACT Extreme, MK1 hard pipes, mbc (13psi), MK1 Shifter, MK1 steering wheel, silicone rad hoses, shp wheels - RIP
1991 BMW 318i - RIP

#46 Xtreme Industries

Xtreme Industries

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

the driveshaft could be an issue, would you have to disassemble the slip yolk end to get it in and out? it doesn't look like enough room to undo the torque tube end and slide it out of the tranny. but it could just be the angle of the photo. the workmanship does look top notch though. your car will be sick when its done.
2010 Camaro RS - long tube headers, intake isolator, injen intake, ported throtle body, eibach lowering springs, eibach sway bars, pypes cat back exhaust, rx catch can, transformers decals.
1987 Conquest TSI, 5 spd, B71- 3" *DM Exhaust, Hooker ACM, Hood Struts, Taylor wires, silicone vac lines, fidanza, ACT Extreme, MK1 hard pipes, mbc (13psi), MK1 Shifter, MK1 steering wheel, silicone rad hoses, shp wheels - RIP
1991 BMW 318i - RIP

#47 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostXtreme Industries, on 13 July 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

I would definitely coat the underside, if this is not a daily and you plan to keep it clean, I would paint the inderside the same as the car. should keep rust at bay and would look awesome and show really nice. if you plan on just running this hard and not worrying too much about "show quality", then a durable bed liner spray will work wonders. I believe you can get the bed liner in a tinted color so it might be a nice accent to the car when finished.

I think for the route I'm going a bed liner type product will work. I might go to the occasional car show when its done but for the most part the car will live on the track.

View PostXtreme Industries, on 13 July 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

the driveshaft could be an issue, would you have to disassemble the slip yolk end to get it in and out? it doesn't look like enough room to undo the torque tube end and slide it out of the tranny. but it could just be the angle of the photo. the workmanship does look top notch though. your car will be sick when its done.

View Postspeedyquest, on 10 July 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm curious, will it be hard to get a driveshaft into its place with that flat bar running just in front of the torque tubes flange? I guess maybe you should fish the end in next to the torque tube and then back it up into the transmission if there was room. Its just hard to tell from the pictures.

Its interesting what you guys have to say regarding the driveshaft. I know it has been installed before but I wasn't there to see it in or how difficult it was to install/uninstall. I'm pretty sure its just the angle of the picture thats causing the weird look. I'll try to get a better angle for you guys next time I'm at the shop

#48 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

So I have a off topic and pretty random question for y'all. Would anyone know where I can get some spare keys made?? All the places I've tried to get my keys copied at don't have the right blank. I've been to atleast 6 places with all of them not having the right blank. Where have you guys gone/ done to get key copies? Should I try the dealership?

#49 Convette

Convette

I used to driftjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts
  • Interests:Going faster

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Love the flat bottom, its a shame they didn't make more room for exhaust under there, like side exit.  Going under the rear x member makes it super low.

#50 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

Quick update:

Got a new job so I haven't been able to go to the shop in a few weeks.

The one thing about working with a race shop that is in the middle of there season is well, there out racing. So progress has slowed due to the priority of there race cars.

I spoke with Dan last week and right now there starting on knocking out all the plumbing by ordering everything.

One bit of news I got was that I'm going to have to get a floor mounted Pedal assembly due to the lack of room in the foot wells which should be interesting...

#51 autotr8er2

autotr8er2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'm concerned I'll have the same problem.  The motor in my setup is sitting further back than Convette's.

#52 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Little Update!

The exhaust was fab'd and finished up this morning. As cool as it looks I can't wait to hear how its going to sound.

Now that racing season is over the shop is looking at getting some serious hands on the car with a deadline not to far away. Already got some cool stuff in the works for when shes running.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 autotr8er2

autotr8er2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostMenesing Drifter, on 07 May 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

Some of the extra little stuff is getting done too like this rear bash bar/ jacking point

Posted Image

This is a great idea!

#54 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,142 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:52 AM

i like that as well.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#55 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Thanks guys, I thought it would come in handy and add strength at the same time.

#56 autotr8er2

autotr8er2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

Updates?

#57 Mach 5

Mach 5

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

this is awesome!!!
Owner and Founder of Triple R Motors aka Radical Rev Race Mods- Jarek-
-Rides-
-1987 Starion -Midnight Star - Build Progress see link
http://www.starquest...howtopic=152434
-1989 Chrysler Conquest-Track Beast Mode gtx3071r TBI 365hp 407tq @20psi- RIP
http://www.starquest...ic=151885&st=40
-1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo SE- 3.1 gt4088r getrag284 Tilton twin disc
-1991 Toyota Hilux Pickup 1uz itb cp pistons kelford cams TripleR head porting/ long tubes
-1990 McLaren Turbo Grand Prix sold...
-1985 AE86 20v.. 171hp@ 8200rpm RIP

#58 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

View Postautotr8er2, on 02 December 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Updates?

View PostMach 5, on 02 December 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

this is awesome!!!

Its coming along....

Used black friday/ cyber monday to get some of the last parts for cheaps. Been having to throw money more pressing matters lately but am looking to have it done before the end of the year. It all depends on my next paycheck hahaha

Here is a little tease of one of my favorite features of the car. My custom, interchangeable handbrake

Posted Image

#59 Convette

Convette

I used to driftjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts
  • Interests:Going faster

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Dude...That is the absolute worst place to put a muffler!  Why would they do that?  #1 it will cook your diff, and axles.. #2 way, way too low... Its gonna be really hard to lower your car now...

#60 Menesing Drifter

Menesing Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostConvette, on 02 December 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Dude...That is the absolute worst place to put a muffler!  Why would they do that?  #1 it will cook your diff, and axles.. #2 way, way too low... Its gonna be really hard to lower your car now...

I honestly didn't even think about the heat, I will bring this up next time I'm over there. Thank you for the heads up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LS1, V8, drift, track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users