#1 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Hello all,
I've decided to test the waters and see what else is out there.
Car is located in Tulsa, OK.
Consider straight trade for a short wide Chevy/GMC truck.
The tag is current and I do have a clean title in my name.
This initial posting will get updated later, I just want to get the ball rolling.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am taking offers and would like to keep the car in this StarQuestClub community if possible.
Car is a driver with 4.8l LS and 4L60E auto trans.
Car is not perfect, but you would pay more than this asking price for a shop to do an LS swap on your car so its a bargain.
Paint is not uniform as I've had a new hood installed and the paint job was less than stellar.  Car would benefit from a good buffing (which I might do).
Has a modern JVC double DIN head unit and rear speakers (4 hour job), and Alpine's in the door.  I have some new Alpine tweeters that I will mount in the doors for looks, but probably not wire up (too lazy).
I may even swap the JVC unit for the stock radio.  I have an '87 that fits right in and an '86 radio that is slightly larger so the surround ring doesn't fit.
Not seen in pics, but I have A-pillars covers installed as of 7/30/2017.  Also a nice cardboard spare tire cover and the trunk mounted Red Top Optima Battery (6 months old).
Speedometer is not hooked up.  I use an app on my phone.
Chevy power steering pump drips a little and whines.
NO AC!!!
I would love to trade for a running StarQuest with working AC and a bit of cash.
Car now has black painted stock wheels on it (keeping the Centerline's for another project)

Thanks all,

Edited by EricSQ, 16 November 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image
1988 Chrysler Conquest Tsi (sold)____1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (sold)
1987 Mitsubishi Starion (sold)_______ 1986 Mitsubishi Starion LS Swap (sold)
2015 Subaru WRX (sold)___________ 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71 (For Sale)
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo (project)____  2000 Chevy Silverado Shortwide (DD)

#2 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

*BUMP*
FYI, the white specs on the ground in my pics are True Green Lawn Care fertilizing my driveway free of charge.  So messy.

Come on everybody, give me any Q's and comments.  With 0 responses and 214 views makes me think I'm doing something wrong here.  
What's up?  Is it asking price?  Tell me what your offer is.  You will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by EricSQ, 14 July 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

#3 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Endoscopy Repair Tech.

Hockey, DSM's, 3S's and Starquest's.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

I think it's a good starting point price wise and ultimately depends on finding the right person. I'd sure as heck wish I had a LS swapped Starquest but I'm not big on it being a automatic. That's just me though. Hope you can find the right buyer!
2009 Pontiac G8 - 1989 Jeep Comanche - 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSi

#4 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

What kind of power is it making?

#5 Killaphil

Killaphil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:fast cars

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

Do you have any pics of the build?  I would like to see the floor pans and crossmember after the modifications.
(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#6 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

I am not looking to buy but always browse what is for sale and there are probably many more like me so many of your views are probably just that and not people looking to buy.

I personally would say your asking price is high for a car that is so cosmeticly poor. You are missing interior pieces and say the paint is bad. Most people are not going to pay a premium price for such a poor looking car, especially the group here.

I am putting well over 10k into my car right now and I do not believe I could sell it for anything near that. Which is fine, because even if you came to me with 25k, I would turn you down. Main point is that regardless of how much you put in it or that it would cost to reproduce, it is only going to attract so much of a return and rarely will you get your money back.

I have been here long enough to learn to 2 things.
1. Many people here have no business owning one of these cars because they either can't really afford them and/or they don't respect them.
2. Most of those that don't fall under #1, rarely sell and when they do, they are nice cars and command a price like yours even though they invested probably double in the asking price over the years.

Edited by Skippy, 15 July 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#7 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, the car needs a paint job.  Its a "20 footer" but still draws a crowd at the local car shows.  The interior is missing the A-pillars, but I have those on order and being delivered by another member here.  The center console does need to be completed.  That will require some custom wood work that I'm just not keen to do.  The factory shift surround plastic piece just wouldn't fit.
Sorry no pics of the build.  I got the car after the main swap was completed and have only done beautification and fixes.  The interior was factory burgundy, so the 88/89 black interior was sourced but the front seats had to be redone.  The doors took me awhile to locate all the proper pieces.  I wish they didn't have tweeter holes cut it them, but they are still in better condition than any other set I had to use.  The car had a big hole cut in the hood so I got the LS1 intake and associated fuel lines, injectors and alternator relocater so I could replace the hood.  The steering is changed to a rack and pinion as well and no longer has the reciprocating ball.
I've never dyno'd the car or taken it to the track.  Just seat of the pants feels.  It's faster than my old P71 cop car and laughs at my 3000GT sl.  Those cars are rated at 250 hP and 220 hP respectively, but also weigh more.  The car pulls harder than a stock G54b in good running condition.  I've had a member or two from here ride in it with me and tell me as much.
Yes it's an auto and that hurts re-sale.  I enjoy an auto better in the stop and go traffic jams I see daily.  If I had open twisties and room to play I would prefer a manual as well.
With all that taken into account, I've dropped the asking price here to $5,500 obo.

Edited by EricSQ, 01 September 2017 - 11:26 AM.

Posted Image

#8 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Had fun in the heat at the Tuesday night car club get together.  It's cool being the only one of your kind around. :ph34r:
I haven't washed the car in a few weeks.  Still has bug juice on front and windshield from July 3 trip to Claremore for fireworks.
Posted Image

I'm definitely still a fan of the Grand National
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Killaphil

Killaphil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:fast cars

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

Is there any way you could get pics of the car underneath while on a lift?  I'm interested but would like to see before making a trip. I have trades you may be interested in or we can trade for dollars but I would like to see some detailed pics of the work. I actually don't even want the motor if you have any projects you could use it for but don't car either way.

Edited by Killaphil, 22 July 2017 - 01:42 AM.

(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#10 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostKillaphil, on 22 July 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Is there any way you could get pics of the car underneath while on a lift?  I'm interested but would like to see before making a trip. I have trades you may be interested in or we can trade for dollars but I would like to see some detailed pics of the work. I actually don't even want the motor if you have any projects you could use it for but don't car either way.
I have a dozen or more pics on my phone from the last time I was under the car.  My phone number is at the top, so text me and I can text you those pics.  Also, what trades you might have.  If you don't want the motor do you need the wire harness?  I could pull it for a future project.  What about the tranny?  I'd also like to keep the Centerline wheels/tires and install the factory Starion wheels/tires back that are sitting in my garage.  I'd also like to wait to do all that work in the winter instead of these 100+ degree days.
Posted Image

#11 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

I keep spending money on this car despite it being For Sale.  It's a sickness.  I located a set of 86 A-pillars and a fresh looking spare tire cover from a member here.  Freshened up the A-pillar covers with black vinyl dye and installed them.  Mechanically, I had to replace the starter.  Darn car nearly stranded me but my wife hit the ignition switch while I was on the ground tapping the starter solenoid with a wrench.  Got it home and pulled the starter, had it tested and the shop said it was bad.  $170 later I installed the new starter and tested it.  Man this thing sounds like a jet engine spinning up now.  I didn't realize how slow and weak the old starter was until the new one was in.  $5,500 is now the bottom and I don't think I can go down from there.  I have been able to clean out the garage and move it back inside, so no rush to let it go at this point.

Edited by EricSQ, 01 September 2017 - 11:27 AM.

Posted Image

#12 entwcu

entwcu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

Then my suggestion would be sit on it and wait for the right person. I'm selling my 05 mustang gt but it's had quite a bit of custom work done so i got it in the garage too and im just waiting for the person who is looking to buy exactly what I'm selling.

#13 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

I found a set of SHP wheels. One of the rear wheels has curb rash, and I can't decide if I want to get it fixed first.  If somebody is interested in just the SHP wheels, in their current condition, PM me.  Wheels have all 4 center caps.  I have more pics as well that I can send.
Posted Image

Edited by EricSQ, 01 September 2017 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

#14 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,371 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

Clean car man. GLWS. I see it's drive by wire throttle, interesting.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#15 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostTexasQuest, on 07 August 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Clean car man. GLWS. I see it's drive by wire throttle, interesting.
Thanks!!  Yes it is drive-by-wire.  The gas pedal has the rheostat.  My 2002 truck with LS has the older cable pull style and this Starion's engine came from a 2004.
Posted Image

#16 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

Update:  I've removed the Centerline wheels and installed some stock wheels (painted black).  Also included is the set of SHP wheels.  Not sure if it was mentioned that the car has a relocated battery and it's a Red Top Optima nearly brand new.  I think $5,500 is the fair price.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by EricSQ, 01 September 2017 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

#17 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Well, I've decided to list the girl on eBay.  We shall see what the market is there.  Got to be more than the $2,500 offers I've gotten so far.  If she doesn't sell at my reserve I may consider parting her out.  I guess complete running StarQuests only have value if they have the original G54b and perfect bodies.  
Rant over.  I guess I got insulted by the low offer.  I've put too much time and effort getting this car to where it is today.  I obviously misjudged what the market value of these cars is, but I'm still a StarQuest guy with this being my third (and fastest).  I put the 3000gt on the sales block elsewhere a couple days ago and it's getting a lot of action and a nice potential trade that could happen as soon as Saturday.  Oh well, if the 3000gt sells for cash maybe I'll use that to fund my AC installation into the Starion.

Edited by EricSQ, 29 August 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Posted Image

#18 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Price Dropped!!  $5,500 to anyone here.  Still posted for higher at other sites.
Posted Image

#19 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Damn that's a hell of a price! I'm super jealous of whoever picks this up.

#20 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

If I was closer I'd be really interested in buying it for the swap motor and parts but not keen on the auto. It's a certain buyer that will jump on this, just keep your patience. Tire kickers are the worst but don't let a lowball offer get to ya. GLWS

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: starion, ls swap, trade, esi-r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users