#81 Outlander

Outlander

Chat Jester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:39 AM

OK but earler in this thread it was stated I could use the stock intake boot which I thought also ment the stock filter housing and filter, with the 1G inside ??? And also beeing very new to this site, who is kelly and how do I get a hold of Him  ???

#82 Outlander

Outlander

Chat Jester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

Marksweet I could use the intake hose. I can be reached at robvicky@hotmail.com  ;D

#83 TheMoe

TheMoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

I'm doing my 1G MAS conversion (no problems with the wiring), and am looking to get rid of the can. There's 1) a line that comes from the engine block from the bottom, 2) a line from the rear of the valve cover, 3) a line from the bottom front of the bay, and 4) a line that seems to come from the frame of the car itself (?). My question is: what do I do with them? Block, leave open, remove, etc? I think in an earlier post it says that I can just leave line #2 alone (possibly replace with a breather?). Not sure what to do with lines #1, #3, and #4. Any suggestions?

TheMoe
Covington, GA
'87 TSI, 89ECU, KDM 3" exhaust and hardpipes, HKS BOV, 1G MAS, some kind of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries turbo upgrade (mechanic didn't know)

#84 marksweet

marksweet

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

Breather on the valve cover. Plug the one that goes to the oil pan. leave the one from the frame open as i believe that is the gas tank line that should vent. Not sure of the other as i don't remember where it goes!

#85 zactek

zactek

Artistic Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:03 PM

The one that goes into the frame is a drain for the stock box in case water gets in......... ;D
Life's too short to be like everyone else.
Savour kindness because cruelty is always possible later.............

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#86 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,077 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

bump
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users