Seafoam

claurance2

Probably need to put a longer hose on the PCV's vacuum line. NOT on the PCV valve, but the line that normally attaches to it. Feed the other end into the Seafoam. Keep the hose pinched, only opening it to let a bit of liquid through. You may want another body there to feather the throttle while you're doing it. Don't let it take too much or the car'll choke and die.

Probably need to put a longer hose on the PCV's vacuum line. NOT on the PCV valve, but the line that normally attaches to it. Feed the other end into the Seafoam. Keep the hose pinched, only opening it to let a bit of liquid through. You may want another body there to feather the throttle while you're doing it. Don't let it take too much or the car'll choke and die.

so put a hose on the intake mani port and pinch it and jut let a little in at a time, so you really only need to do this if your valves are dirty? and should I still use the larger size vac line or should it be reduced and does this stuff hurt the cats Edited by 88-cnqst-tsi

I also suggest doing it in the rain... less chance of po'ing the neighbors or somebody calling the fire department.

lol its gonna rain here till june... and for the OP he should just do it openly in the street so if someone gets to thinking "whats with the smoke" they will see whats going on and that your not having fun with old tires ;)

Take some plastic hose for fishtank air pumps and stick it into the PCV hose. It's small and easy to pinch. Plus it's clear so you can see it going in.

If you have the parts laying around you can use an air valve for a fishtank to regulate the flow of seafoam. Open the valve till you get a slightly higher idle from the vac leak then put the hose into the seafoam can.

Edited by ucw458

Could I add it to my gas tank to clean the crap out of my in take pickup?

Man if you are picking up as much trash from your tank as you keep posting about, you need to drop the tank, unhook the fuel lines from everything and clean it all from back to front and install new filters. That trash is just going to end up continually clogging your filters and hurting your engine.

BC_99

Ya I took the inspection plate off today and apparently it has been a problem before. Don't think a regular cleaning is gonna take care of it. I am going to try some chemistry on it.

Salt water, negatively charged steel rod, positively charged tank. Rust "should" come out. Now I just need to borrow a DC battery charger.

Ya I took the inspection plate off today and apparently it has been a problem before. Don't think a regular cleaning is gonna take care of it. I am going to try some chemistry on it.

Salt water, negatively charged steel rod, positively charged tank. Rust "should" come out. Now I just need to borrow a DC battery charger.

some guy did something like that on a oil pan, it was a "back yard hot tank" or something like that but anyways he did it to clean and it did clean a bit but the small amount of surface increased so id say you should just get it done, then you willnt mess up the rest of your fuel system which will cost allot more