Inherited Conquest

Hi everybody. I just inherited an 87 tsi from my father and going to finish restoring. Any advice for me? I was wondering where's the best place for parts and the typical problem areas regarding these cars. I love the styling of these cars and the rarity of them. I've always wanted a cool 80s car and this fits the bill. Thanks for any advice in advance and can't wait to talk about my progress. 

Hi there, and welcome to the group! Very cool that you have gotten your hands on one, they are awesome cars and becoming rarer as time goes on, but this is a great group of individuals to help you in your journey!

I run one of the main OEM parts website at www.starquestparts.net, and there are some other resources on the bottom of my homepage with links to other providers as well like MKS motorsports, DAD’s, Motocam etc. I also welcome phone calls, and or texts with any questions on things that I can help with that I’m knowledgeable about, and you can also post here and you will get some great advice from you guys have been in the game for decades.

Best of luck with getting her fixed up!

-Steve 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, techboy said:

Tell us about your 87. What color? What state of restoration. What are your most immediate questions?

Welcome ... you're at the right place.

It's a red conquest. It's been sitting for a couple of years due to my dad dealing with cancer. What are common problems areas for these cars? It' s only had basic maintenance done as for the restoration. I'm thinking of keeping it stock mostly but with some modern upgrades such as suspension, interior,and maybe some engine mods. Nothing too crazy. I appreciate the warm welcome and will update once I tear into it

I want to get it running and just have a fun weekend car. I want to restore it to original color. The paint is a little faded. It's in storage right now and I gotta get a trailer to get it.

Once I do I'll definitely post pictures. The last I remembered the interior was pretty good for an over 30 year old car. I want to do minor mods to it, but you know how that goes,.once you start it's hard to stop.  Last I check it runs but would die once you step on the gas and the frame has some rust on it being in Indiana. The big thing is finishing what my dad started and just remembering the good times. He was a Mopar guy and we started with a 75 dart him and I. This was another gem for him to try redoing. Shoot the man loved this era. He drove an 87 ram/raider truck. Thanks for.any help y'all can give

• Like 2