#1 Vuouymons

Vuouymons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Car Meets, Sitting Sideways, Racing, Motorcycles, Motorsports
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Hey everyone, I have a lower end built G54b that I was going to modify and such, but I've decided to quit touching this motor and pull it, maybe build it over the years, but at this moment I'm thinking more of a 4G or 4B11 swap.

I believe I've heard that the 4G63 or the 4G64 can use an adapter plate to bolt right up on our cars? Is that correct? If not, could someone experienced with the swap give me some info on what is needed for the swap exactly.

Also do most people go on a transmission swap as well, or is the adapter plate for our transmission. (If there is a adaption plate)

I was also looking at the new all aluminum 4B11's, I'm just not sure if they have the some line up as the 4G's, I was going to do some research into that but if anyone knows for sure please let me know.

Red 87' Chrysler Conquest TSi
Terrorizing Austin Streets

We Don't Call 911

#2 cheesey

cheesey

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

projectzerog.com/

if you can find a wideblock (which are rare) you can bolt it up to our transmision. If you go the narrow block route you can use a d50 trans but it will disintegrate if you make any sort of decent horsepower. Bill Hincher makes bellhousings to mount various transmissions to narrow block. https://www.billsautofab.com/

Far as the 4b11t that would be interesting. The Hyundai genesis 2.0t has a similar engine but it is not exactly the same. I was thinking of swapping my buddies motor from his genesis in but he decided not to try and cram a 2j in it. It's already in a rwd layout though.

#3 Vuouymons

Vuouymons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

Cheesey you're the man, this is the exact response I was hoping for. I'd rather a wideblock (even though they are rare) because the narrowblock is single cam is it not? and then it's a bolt-on. Love it.

I do have a spare LSjr here in a truck I also may fit in..... V8 does sound better than a 4banger to me but less fab would be nice.

We Don't Call 911

#4 cheesey

cheesey

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:07 PM

actually the wide blocks were usually single cam. it came in the d50/mighty max trucks and some of their vans. Its probably a more cost effective route because you don't have to buy a trans/adapter. but on the other hand with the wide block you'd want to build the engine because none of it is meant for boost. either route involves some amount of fab work and piecing things together.

#5 Vuouymons

Vuouymons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

I feel that.. Hmm, might have to check out that narrowblock then.

We Don't Call 911

#6 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

All of your questions will be answered ... http://projectzerog.com/
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
The Valencia Project
http://www.starquest...+golden +dreams
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Engine Swap, 4G63, 4G64, 4B11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users