New From WI

cheesey

Just wanted to introduce myself finally. I picked up my 89 conquest in late October as a project. And what a project lol. Found out the radiator didn't have water in it. once I put water in it found out the head gasket or something was junk. Tore motor apart and found cracked head. replaced head with a nonjet, arp studs and ajusa head gasket have been installed. Its been fun but frustrating as well. Found a lot of help from this site. So thanks to all the replies of my questions. Hopefully we will start it in the next week or so. and then see what else there is to fix.

post-26199-0-31075900-1386892586_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I seen that car on craigslist but guy didn't respond back then maybe it was because u had been the one who picked it up congrats. I live by Sparta, wi myself I am actually supose to be trading my firebird for a conquest this weekend and I had been looking to get a quest for a while. Welcome to the club its really a nice site here and great bunch of ppl Edited by dukaine

It was for sale in green bay. After I bought it I started seeing them around? Go figure. But these do seem like somewhat rare cars. Hopefully the trade goes down well dukaine. there was a mint condition one for sale in greenfield the guy had it up for 8500 though but it looked pretty sweet. Allen I like flat side. But what is hoooning?

• 2 weeks later...
Got the thing running last night was quite a lot of fun. Had to Re adjust timing. But it ran and sounded pretty good. Just got to bleed the breaks and take it for a test drive. might have to adjust the lifters they are a little ticky which I heard was normal. Can newbies upload using photobucket tried with no success.

I tried posting pics from photobucket but it didn't work. I can try again maybe. I replaced the cracked cylinder head, replaced the radiator, deleted ac and abs and all the useless emissions. Ajusa head gasket, Arp studs. I want to get the non catted downpipe from racetep.and maybe the b pipe too. they claim its a 15 hp increase .

I usually just copy and paste the different links below each photo on photobucket until I find the one that works. I would tell you which ones I use, but it has been a while and I can't remember. As for your problems I would through and change your fuel filters and at least clean out the conical screen by the fuel pump. Almost all members on here would advise you to get an AEM wideband to monitor your A/F ratios.