Starion Vin Check

Minagera

Yea I was trying to very if this starion I have is an 89. It was confusing since it has no auto down switch, however I knew the drivers side had been hit. But it also has a 4 bolt rear, which was very odd.

Black on black 5speed and Sunroof.

The vin is in a lot of places. I'd check some of the other ones out to make sure the dash vin wasn't pulled from a different vehicle. Look on page 6 of the Beginning and Intro Chapter of the FSM. Jimmy

Well the Firewall, Door, and Dash all match and fall in line with the 89 starion VIN. I will look at the block and the trans when I get a chance.

Nomad got me a AutoCheck on the VIN and well I know a little more of the story now.

02/09/1998 LANHAM, MD 96,305 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:27091117) SALVAGE ABANDONED

After that is was pass around Maryland between 6 owners it looks like.

This is all a bit of a let down and it has some rust starting underneath, but it is an 89 starion. Also the engine is feeling great and good power for a mostly stock car.

I will get some pictures up sometime soon.

don't let small things bother you it's the cars over all condition that means the most,, as for the 4 bolt rear the entire sub frame may have been change'd , for the time being it'l work fine,, and a 6 bolt rear sub assy isn't all that hard to come by if that one ever breaks

after 20 odd years cars have been wreck'd repair, parts swap'd it's only natural and don't make the car any less viable

don't let small things bother you it's the cars over all condition that means the most,, as for the 4 bolt rear the entire sub frame may have been change'd , for the time being it'l work fine,, and a 6 bolt rear sub assy isn't all that hard to come by if that one ever breaks

after 20 odd years cars have been wreck'd repair, parts swap'd it's only natural and don't make the car any less viable

Granted, I know it has the potential to clean up well enough and be nice, but I am not sure I want to keep it. Besides if I get rid of it I can go get your old truck Shelby...

It's an 89 Starion. Do you honestly think I would have let it sit at my place for almost a year without checking LOL?

Really, the rust isn't too bad on it at all as recall, the underside was good, but the 1/4s and such were starting to show rust, but the earlier it is, the easier it is to fix.I've fixed way worse with much success.

I sure hope you fix it, or at least sell it to somone who will do right by it. It's a great driver, and if you found the right person to fix it cheap, you can probably get the outside set for around $2k. I know what you paid for it, and if you add those numbers together, that is not a lot of money to have into a good looking, good driving 89 Starion.