Do you Put your Ketchup in the Refrigerator?

Lizzord30

Do you Put your Ketchup in the Refrigerator?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Put your Ketchup in the Refrigerator?

• Yes!!!!
    • Noooo, are you crazy thats grosse!
    • I don't like Ketchup
    • Only get that at Mc Donald's!

Ketchup is a non perishable item. Means it does not need to be refrigerated. The reason most ketchup bottle say to refrigerate after opening is simply due to the fact that a bottle in the fridge gets used more often and repurchased faster than a bottle in the cupboard.

On that note, I do not refrigerate it. Dont like it cold and it flows better when its room temperature.

Also, Mayo, is another non perishable item, it does not need to be refrigerated, but its pretty nasty at room temperature and that I refrigerate.

actuly it depends on the ketchup.. some are parishable and must be refrigirated. It was not untill the redo of the hines bottle that they started to put refrigirate afer opening. and 57 is the only one I will buy all others are grose

I keep it in the fridge, because it's not so much a condiment for me, as it is a cooking ingredient.

Sloppy joes, meatloaf, etc.....same with the dijon mustard, and other condiments. Plus it cleans up my counter space, which with some of the cooking items I have, is already at a premium.

Tim

Daddy tomato Moma tomato and Baby tomato were walking up the street,

Baby tomato was lagging behind and Daddy tomato had to stop a wait several times, Daddy tomato finally had enough of Baby tomato and stoped for one last time turned around and stepped on Baby tomato and said....

KETCHUP!

Tomatoes are actually classified as a fruit, not a vegetable and because of their acidic nature,

(catsup or) ketchup 's primary added ingredent is sugar or corn syrup or high fuctose corn syrup

In most ratios ketchup has more sugar than icecream.

Ketchup is a non perishable item. Means it does not need to be refrigerated. The reason most ketchup bottle say to refrigerate after opening is simply due to the fact that a bottle in the fridge gets used more often and repurchased faster than a bottle in the cupboard.

On that note, I do not refrigerate it. Dont like it cold and it flows better when its room temperature.

Also, Mayo, is another non perishable item, it does not need to be refrigerated, but its pretty nasty at room temperature and that I refrigerate.

resterants do not cause it don't last that long,, but at home one bottle may be arround for a month,, so put it in the fridg,, and mayo is make from egg whites,, it'l deff spoil

but do as you want, it's you turn to puke

resterants do not cause it don't last that long,, but at home one bottle may be arround for a month,, so put it in the fridg,, and mayo is make from egg whites,, it'l deff spoil

but do as you want, it's you turn to puke

Maybe thats why mayo makes me puke!.... wait thats even with newly opened mayo :D

the eggs in it are ultra high pasteurization which gives it a non refrigerated shelf life of 16 months.

Which only works inside the vacuum sealed and sterilized jar. Once you open it that is canceled out. You are risking serious food poisoning by not refrigerating an opened jar of mayo.

Edited by ucw458

put it this way if it don't kill you,,your going to remember that mayo for a long time :)

besides would you take a chance giveing any thing bad to your children

Luke why would you ask such a question :)

Which only works inside the vacuum sealed and sterilized jar. Once you open it that is canceled out. You are risking serious food poisoning by not refrigerating an opened jar of mayo.

EYE

CEVICHE is acidic from lime juice that cooks the fish instead of heat, you don't leave CEVICHE out to get warm you eat it cold

whether the protien is cooked or how it is cooked it will still grow bacteria in the right environment.

The right environment is governed by temperature.

I lived in an apartment that had no attic just a high ceilling made of slat boards and tar paper on the outside

I could keep a quart of milk in my room in the winter months for three days without it going bad.

Creamcheese that is kept for use at a resturant in an open top refrigerator unit or better known as a sanwich board

is a pet peve of many health department inspectors and if you do not have the container covered and sitting in ice

that keeps the cheese at below 42 F you will get a warning or a citation.

Both milk and creamcheese are ultra-pasteurized

http://maryeaudet.hu...a-pasturization

mayo is still considered a non-presihjable. it has a shelf life of like two years even after opening. keeping it cool does nothing for it. google it and read it.

ultra high pasteurized milk after opening can still be fresh for like a month non refrigerated.

just because you read some thing in print don't make it true , mayo will deff go bad and in a dam sight less time then 2 yrs

caveman lives in a cave Shelby he lives in a cave

Therefore killtodie doesn't need a refrigerator.

Edited by Metric-man

About powdered milk..... Had that go bad after only a few weeks of being opened..... Could be from high humidity maybe i dont know. but it didnt even last 2 months after being opened let alone 15years.

Omg !!! I put anything I think will spoil in the fridge. Just easier that way! ....unless you live in a cave, oh I put my potatoes in the fridge. Edited by 87B71Brad