Competition Clutch kits with 15lb flywheel

batdude8

*** NEW UPDATED INFO BELOW ***

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I have gotten us a SWEET deal on a clutch and flywheel kit for our cars.

I can offer you guys a stage 2 or 4 clutch kit with OUR lightweight flywheel that weighs 15lbs for $595 SHIPPED! If you ask, you will also recieve a complimentary Competition Clutch T-shirt! This deal is good only for a clutch and flywheel combo. If you need anything else ie; different stage or for another car the prices will be different. You can Email or Call me at the info provided at the bottom.

The Stage 2 kit is a full face steelback brass plus disc with a performance plate and a bearing kit. You MUST specify what year you have inorder to recieve the correct bearing kit!!! This kit is good for a daily driver who has bolt ons and will hold ~300-350 RWTQ

The Stage 4 kit is a 6 puck ceramic disc with the performance plate and a bearing kit. You MUST specify what year you have inorder to recieve the correct bearing kit!!! This kit can be for a daily driven car who also drifts, road race, and runs their car at the track. This kit will hold ~475 RWTQ

For those who only want the Lightweight 15lb flywheel the cost is $318 plus shipping.

for those who only want the clutch kit, stage 2 or 4 is $400 plus shipping

I currently run the stage 4 in my Starion and absolutly love it! I drift the car as well as Daily drive it. I prefered the 6 puck because it can handle whatever I throw at it and I can still drive the car smooth. Heck, My 75yr old grandmother drove my car and loved it, She didnt stall or have any issues. I think thats a good testimonial about the engagement for being a six puck clutch.

Currently the drill pattern for the flywheel is for the 240mm but on the flywheels that come in next it should be set up for 225 and 240 mm. The flywheel that we offer is not like the fidanza, It DOES NOT have the resurface packs that you install after it is worn. All you need to do is resurface the flywheel just like you would do on a factory flywheel, and you should get 1-2 resurface jobs on it without a problem, but it depends on how much material is taken off each time. Also, this flywheel is a ONE piece 4140 forged steel unit, unlike other flywheels that are 2 peice and aluminum, the ring gears will not seperate and it is much stronger and less prone to warping like the aluminum flywheels.

If you have any other Questions or Concers feel free to contact me. Thanks guys!

********************************************************************************

We are now taking orders. If you want to pay via paypal, its sales@competitionclutch.com (be sure to include all your info ie; what combo kit you are purchasing, shipping, and that your from SQC) and if you wish to pay with a credit card, you can call and place the order. Anyother questions LMK.

********************************************************************************

Dan McCarney

Warehouse Manager

Competition Clutch

800-809-6598

Dan@competitionclutch.com

Edited by batdude8

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow . . . I kinda wish I had saw this before. I just ordered an ACT clutch and fidanza to go along with it for about 300 bucks more than your asking. Good deal though. You should keep this package combo going . . . Edited by jwbrocloud

Put me down for a stage 4 kit. I have a 1987, but I'm curious. What differences was there in the bearings? I thought the pilot bearings were the same throughout the years, but I don't know about the throw out bearing.

Put me down for a stage 4 kit. I have a 1987, but I'm curious. What differences was there in the bearings? I thought the pilot bearings were the same throughout the years, but I don't know about the throw out bearing.

The collar height for the bearing clip is taller for one year and shorter for the other. I believe the pilot bearings are the same.

The collar height for the bearing clip is taller for one year and shorter for the other. I believe the pilot bearings are the same.

Can someone else verify this??? I thought the taller throw out bearing was for the non intercooled cars and the intercooled cars had the shorter bearing.

Can someone else verify this??? I thought the taller throw out bearing was for the non intercooled cars and the intercooled cars had the shorter bearing.

You are correct. Non intercooled is a taller throwout, intercooled is a shorter throwout.

Some 86's and some 87's came non intercooled (flatties)... this is where the confusion gets most people.

-Robert

Awsome deal here!! when does the money have to be in by? Is this a list or can i order later on seperate from others, reason i ask is cus i will buy but gotta be later on as im gettin back on my feet and still not able to work. Just got out of a major surgery on monday. Got some good amount of healing time.

How long is this clutch kit/flywheel buy gonna last? Im interested but I just dont have the funds just yet.

I believe it is on 25 kits. We are getting 25 flywheels, when they are gone its done....

Awsome deal here!! when does the money have to be in by? Is this a list or can i order later on seperate from others, reason i ask is cus i will buy but gotta be later on as im gettin back on my feet and still not able to work. Just got out of a major surgery on monday. Got some good amount of healing time.

Fist come first served. Hope you get better soon!

oh ok so 25 sets of each the 225mm and 240mm or is it more like they are split into the 25? thanks btw. Sucks there wont be more. but with any luck the 240's wont be out by the time im ready, how many sets of the 240mm are there if the 25 is a split.

There is 25 flyhweels and they are all 240mm. There might be more 240mm flywheels made down the road, depending on the demand. There is little to no demand for 225mm so none were made. You can use a 240mm clutch set up on a 225mm car, you just have to use a the 225mm bearing kit.

Yea i need a 240mm but i thought for some reason some were 225 and some were the 240 but being all are 240 im fairly confident 25 will take about time im ready before selling out. Thats what i was wondering was how many were 240. Thanks- with any luck there will be one left for me lol

OH another important thing, does this come with the dowel pins for pressure plate alignment? If its doesnt, does it at least have the holes properly placed?

Edited by tsiconquest88