Hello from East Texas.

Meepers

Finally getting the car I have wanted since high school.  Friend of the family has one that has been sitting in a field for several years.  She is letting me rescue it after 2 years of hounding.  I do not have all the details on it yet, but I am pretty sure it is as follows:

1988 Chrysler Conquest TSi, Silver, 5 speed, has the factory wheels.  I have yet to see inside the car, or under the hood.  I have been told it has had the motor replaced, but never ran after, due to not having a diagram for the vacuum hoses. I do not think it has a moon roof, but I do not remember as I have only seen the car a few times, and it is literally buried in some trees in a field.

I have already downloaded the FSM from here, and ordered a large spool of vacuum lines, a battery, and am looking for a set of used whatever wheels, so I can hopefully, make it roll enough to pull out of the field onto a trailer.

I am unsure at this point, how bad the floor is going to be from years of being parked in a field. But, I will bring her back.  Zero clue on what the interior condition is at this point either.  None of that matters to me, as I will not be doing a full restoration, but rather, making it into a fun car with some modern touches. There are no immediate plans to do a motor swap, but that is not off the table for later on.  I might do some research on mating an Evo 8+ motor to a CD009 or something similar, once the car is solid and drives.

I will be sure to take a lot of pictures when I go to pull it from its current resting place so I can document the journey. I know I will be asking many questions here and doing a lot of reading up on the funky TBI style injection and all the mods to make it somewhat reliable on such an odd motor.  I was always under the impression that it had a 4g63 motor from the factory, and was kinda bummed to find it did not. But, I am also not looking to make it a huge HP monster, but a fun weekend toy.

Thanks for the add,

Tim!

264801667_10217265063218749_7557345636207067111_n.jpg

Edited by Meepers
Add photo

Welcome aboard from east Tennessee! 

They let it sit after a rebuild because of vacuum lines!? That's hard to believe. Not to mention there is a diagram on the underside of the hood ;) Every US spec car got the G54B as I'm sure you already know. If/when it works out for you be sure to share some pics! We are here to help

Yeah,  she has 15ish desirable cars that she has lost interest in, several 240/280 Z cars, few old mustangs, MK2 Supra *which I am going to be helping her get road worthy* few F100 pick ups, and some others too.  Between working on flood control for her property, doing a home remodel, and travel for work many months out of the year, I spent 2 years begging her to sell me the car before it rusts out. 

Yeah, I plan on taking pix of where it sits now, getting it pulled out, and once I get it home, I will go through the car to see what is there, what it needs, and the condition of the under side, fingers crossed that it is not rusted out. 

• Like 1

Got her dug out today, pulled wheels to get some tires mounted to make it a roller.  Will be back next weekend to roll onto the trailer, and get her pulled home.

Further info on the car. She is an 87. 109k miles, non SHP, maroonish leather.  I will get some additional pics up that I took before and after getting it out of its grave.

Additional info I learned, she bought the car with a blown up motor. Had motor rebuilt, put it back in the car, and it was about 2/3 put together.  Big downside, cold side intake tubing has been off for a very long time. I will attempt to get it running, but, if I had to take a guess, this motor is going to be very much not happy, and most likely will have some corrosion inside it from moisture.  Last time the car was on the road, was 2006.  Body is super straight, other than the front lower valance, front bumper cover, and the panel between the pop ups needs some loving.   All the wheels have some damage, and I may need to have all of them reconditioned if I keep the beautiful stock wheels.  Interior is a mixed bag. Dash top has many small cracks, door cards look good, front seats should survive, rears have split seams, rear hatch area cover is missing, the hatch inside trim is trash.

She is way bigger of a project than I initially thought, but it will be fun.  Going to try and get the motor that is in there to run, but it is a long shot.  Will be looking into what Mitsu 4 banger I wanna swap and make my own custom bell housing for whatever trans I decide on.

I just woke up a conquest that had been sitting since 2015, the car is rough but I was told it "ran when parked".  

Check the oil, verify the engine isn't stuck, if it is pull the plugs and put some ATF or diesel fuel in there and let it sit and I bet you can get it freed up.  Then if it turns over hook up a battery and see if it will run with some starting fluid or gas sprayed in the throttle body.  If it runs then mess with changing the oil and stuff like that before you run it longer.