Disabling the location bar autocomplete feature in v3 FireFox

Turbo G54B

Thought I'd post this in case anybody else here hates the autocomplete feature in the location bar of the new v3 FireFox.

Forewarning: This is as far as the extent of my knowledge goes on this matter. I simply followed these steps provided from another site. If you messed up your browser because you modified a property that you knew not what it did, that's your fault. You were warned.

• Step 1: In the location bar, type about:config and press Enter.

• Step 2: After clicking "I'll be careful, I promise!" in the warning page, you will come up with a list of different FireFox properties. Be careful about which properties you modify as doing so may harm your browser, as mentioned in the previous warning.

• Step 3: In the Filter bar, type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults . The list will narrow down to only one property. Right click it and select Modify.

• Step 4: Once here, you can change the number (non-negative integers) to how ever many links you want to appear in your address bar (default number is 12). If you want to completely disable this autocomplete option, type the number 0. Click OK.

• Step 5: Restart FireFox.

Done. No more obnoxious/embarrassing links appearing when typing in the location bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other options that you may also want to limit or be disabled. Click here to find out more about them: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...463085#p3463085

• 2 weeks later...