Who here is missing this dash piece

Fanta

Well do ya?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who has it missing?

• It's GONE!
    • Bwahahaha I have it suckers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/starquest32/car%20stuff/87interiorfeb07.jpg

AJ forgive me for using your car as an example lol

But who here is missing that little insert piece in the lower dash portion near the key ignition? I know both of my cars have had it NOT there. Poll is at the top, vote :D

Technically I still have it, but after I broke it while removing it to install a switch, it requires the switch to keep it in place. Since I am no longer using aforementioned switch, it's no longer in the car. :lol:

Technically I still have it, but after I broke it while removing it to install a switch, it requires the switch to keep it in place. Since I am no longer using aforementioned switch, it's no longer in the car. :lol:

For those who have broken clips or any other plastic pieces in their cars; Do not throw the clips away, get some super glue and and some baking soda. First you wanna scuff up around the area you wanna bind back together with some sandpaper to give the glue more bite, then you apply some superglue, lastly sprinkle a lot of baking soda over the glue and press it together Quickly (note: you might wanna have someone else sprinkle the soda while you hold the pieces very close together as the soda makes the glue harden rock solid within seconds). The plastic weld will be extremely strong.

I have used this method to save busted consoles ect..., you can even sand it down and paint the part with interior paint and no one will ever be able to tell.

I still have the piece but it's not on the car, along w/ the rest of that panel. That whole piece weighs around 10 lbs and if you remove it, you can have more knee room and a lighter car. There is another panel under that so with an easy sheet metal fuse cover and hood release relocation, you might have an hour worth of work in it to save 10 lbs.

The second picture is how you save an additional eight pounds by removing the glove box panel. Your glove box now weighs three pounds instead of 11!

post-8983-1206362558_thumb.jpg

post-8983-1206362507_thumb.jpg

post-8983-1206362492_thumb.jpg

For those who have broken clips or any other plastic pieces in their cars; Do not throw the clips away, get some super glue and and some baking soda. First you wanna scuff up around the area you wanna bind back together with some sandpaper to give the glue more bite, then you apply some superglue, lastly sprinkle a lot of baking soda over the glue and press it together Quickly (note: you might wanna have someone else sprinkle the soda while you hold the pieces very close together as the soda makes the glue harden rock solid within seconds). The plastic weld will be extremely strong.

I have used this method to save busted consoles ect..., you can even sand it down and paint the part with interior paint and no one will ever be able to tell.

Mines busted. If this makes super/crazy glue work on plastic then you are the man.

I had to remove that piece to work on the steering column, broke it :( , but then i applied crazy glue to the broken piece and waited for it to dry, worked like a charm, i even had to apply force when i installed it and it didnt break. :woot: