magna parts

bigmandsm

I am a bad typer so bear with me.Ok I have done the 1jz swap in my old supra and i used the harness just had t make it longer.

My 1st ? is why cant the magna wire harness be used along with the manifold?(please dont beat me up to bad i really dont know)

2.if it cant what means does it use for crank and cam sensor to read when to fire inj and fire spark? 2.5 is it built into the Magna Fuel Injection Distributor if so can this be used with a 1st gen harness to make a cheaper mpi setup?

3. last but not least incase no one knew you can use a 1g harness with a aem and then you could use a after market crank and cam sensor i have tried this with the stock ecu but it burns out the caps in the ecu after a couple of day i am tring to work around this now by finding a distributor that works i have one out of a nisson 240sx that is a mitsu bolts in the head but the seal is in the wrong locaation.What i am tring to do is figure the proper voltage or signal that they use then i can modify after market sensor to work.

I am a bad typer so bear with me.Ok I have done the 1jz swap in my old supra and i used the harness just had t make it longer.

My 1st ? is why cant the magna wire harness be used along with the manifold?(please dont beat me up to bad i really dont know)

that would be no different than taking any other EFi from another car type, they are not made for this setup, it's all goona be custom, so why bother taking one made for a car that only made ~140 HP and wasn't designed for turbo use.

2.if it cant what means does it use for crank and cam sensor to read when to fire inj and fire spark? 2.5 is it built into the Magna Fuel Injection Distributor if so can this be used with a 1st gen harness to make a cheaper mpi setup?

there are aftermarket VR sensors and hall sensors, and most stand alone systems recomend a perticular type that they can sell you.

3. last but not least incase no one knew you can use a 1g harness with a aem and then you could use a after market crank and cam sensor i have tried this with the stock ecu but it burns out the caps in the ecu after a couple of day i am tring to work around this now by finding a distributor that works i have one out of a nisson 240sx that is a mitsu bolts in the head but the seal is in the wrong locaation.What i am tring to do is figure the proper voltage or signal that they use then i can modify after market sensor to work.

that would be no different than taking any other distributor/piggyback from another car type, they are not made for this setup, it's all goona be custom. the magna distributor has a pickup in it that is compatable if you want to do that, or see the answer to #2

No one here has tired it, it's a normaly aspirated motor so the ECu is not capable of adding propper fuel tables for positive pressure (boost). Would it run? sure, just not well if you had a turbo hooked up.

To my knowledge, only one or 2 starquests have even been run on another manufactures OEM computer, the one that comes to mnd was a turbo ECu tostart with, and it had tuning issues. OEM ECU's have little or no tuning abilities either.