TB Rebuild

hopefull noob

Hello all! I have a slightly different question about this, I have a 52mm LSP that needs to be put together with seals and the hex bolts, my question is, do I wait till the day of, to make sure all the orings are still moist and such from the little bit of gas suggested to be rubbed on them, or can I get it together early? Rebuild should go smoothly, just thought I'd pose the question for the group. Thanks for any insights. Also, getting new gaskets for intake manifold just deciding on new bolts for that.

Hn

Edited by hopefull noob

I was told, a decent time ago, that when installing o rings, or rubber connections to moisten them so they are more pliable and seal the connection better. I believe it was reiterated on a thread I had a few years ago on looking for and changing the for o rings. Since these would be in contact with fuel possibly, I was assuming they too would not be installed dry, but moist with gas to ensure that good connection. But if you are disagreeing I am open to other views, as I am not the world expert on much of anything.

Hn

Yeah, I wouldn't use fuel - fuel degrades and dries out. You want to use a silicone grease, or get a dielectric grease (which is silicone grease). You want to avoid petroleum based grease as it will degrade the rubber o-rings.