Slightly bummed

Chromedome

I was goofing around on Facebook the other day and ran across an ad for a fully loaded NJV head with only 800 miles on it for sale. I messaged the guy and got a great price of $200 shipped. I sent him the money and he sent me this pic. So I kind of got excited. Anyway, tracking number shows it's getting delivered today and I get home one hour after the mailman runs to no package. I'm friends with the mailman so I call him. "Yeah, big box about 40 lbs. Put it on your front stoop." Well one police report later and I'm out a really nice head. Dang I hate a thief. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/richard_morrison1/11178537_2405127334514_908575396_n_zpslewagom3.jpg

Yeah, I talked to the neighbors and the cops talked to my neighbors, no luck. I live in the boonies, and never have problems with this kind of thing. But damn, it was a roller cam head......... Edited by Chromedome

whoever took it was probably disapointed that it was an engine part. a-holes.

sorry...

Yeah, agreed ... I thought for sure you were going to say you lived in a city area. I remember a few years back somebody on here getting a real nice set of door panels stolen off their porch. It does make you wonder though, what do these ppl think when they open the box and find a car part to a car they've never even heard of? Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully something happens in the next couple of days and it turns up.

search local craigslist adds, junk yards, facebook give and take sites, surely it'll pop up somewhere. Its not like these are common pieces that just come about every day. That sucks though man, hopefully you find the thief and he gets whats coming to him. Good luck to ya!
  • Like 1

I hate people...

Yeah, people can suck hard.

I know of another fellow StarQuester who was doing something suspension related, removed all the struts with spindles, placed them on his front porch/ garage, went in his house to get something, came out and suspension was gone!

Some scrap metal thief took them to dump them for mere scrap money! ALL FOUR STRUTS AND SPINDLES!

What really gets me about the whole thing is, the person that stole the package had no idea what they were stealing. They wouldn't have taken the time to open it and find out what was inside, too much chance of getting caught. They stole for the sake of stealing.

I do want to say, this is a small thing. It's only money. Back in November of last year, I bought an '88 Quest, and the owner had lost the title. He did have an old registration card and I was able to verify ownership. He sent off for a new title. Months passed and I heard nothing. So I called him and he called Raleigh to find out what the hold up was. He had failed to sign one spot on the paperwork. They sent it back to him, he resubmitted and sent me copies just so I would know what was going on. Several more months passed and I get a call from his son saying that he had died. Forty-two years old and dropped dead out of the blue. Having a cylinder head stolen is a minor thing.
  • Like 1